"Liam, let me reassure you that I never know what I'm doing," I replied with a shake of my head. "Scott certainly doesn't either. We're just taking chances and hoping they work in our favor. Sometimes, they do and, other times, we fail."

A mix of unknown emotions washed over his facial features as he took in my words. My heart plummeted to my stomach simply knowing the Deadpool affected him so much. A reason I couldn't blame him for feeling upset over. None of us should be accustomed to this life of paranoia and fighting to stay alive.

All I wanted to do was protect him from this scary world— to protect everyone in the pack.

"What's your favorite Disney movie?"

Liam's brows rose before they furrowed at the base of his forehead, confused by my abrupt question.

"What?" He asked.

"What's your favorite Disney movie?" I repeated my question.

His mouth opened and closed when I sidestepped around him, advanced toward his bed closest to us. I grabbed the two pillows on the side of the bed that was left untouched compared to the other side with ruffled blankets. I glanced over my shoulder at his befuddled self, awaiting his response, as he watched me fluff the pillows and lean them against the wooden headboard.

"Wait— What are you doing?" He finally asked.

A small smile grew on my face as I sat down on the bed with my back against the pillows, simultaneously kicked the sneakers off of my feet before I placed them on the bed.

"What? Did you think I was going to come over to check up on you and then dip?"

"Uh, yeah, kind of," Liam sheepishly admitted and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, you thought wrong," I stated. "I couldn't sleep anyways, so this will work for both of us."

My left hand waved at the television across the room.

"Now, put your favorite Disney movie on so we can start our movie night," I added with a kind smile. "We'll watch as many movies as we can before it's time to leave for school. I'll be by your side the whole time."

Liam gawked at me in a mix of awe and relief. He stayed rooted in his place near the window for a few seconds before he brought himself back to reality and walked to the other side of the bed. He placed himself beside on the bed while he set up his television with the movie Hercules.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" He quietly asked after a few minutes of silence into the beginning of the movie.

My eyes remained on the screen while my head tilted in his direction.

"I've just be stressed lately," I answered. "You know, Pegasus is my favorite in this movie."

"Why?"

"Because he's so cute and—" I automatically responded until I turned my head around and realized that wasn't the answer he wanted. "Oh, you meant why am I stressed."

An awkward laugh bubbled out of my throat.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," he rushed to add, worried he overstepped.

"No, no, it's okay," I reassured him. "We agreed no secrets and I probably should talk to someone about this. Um, I've been feeling a lot of guilt lately."

"Why would you feel guilty?"

The emotions from earlier remained simmering beneath the surface of my chest and mind as I refused to properly think it over. All of it still left me confused as to why I said the things I did and knew deep down I meant everything I said. None of it was discussed between us after I comforted Stiles in the hallway outside of his father's hospital room and I fled before anything could be brought up.