Chapter 29 ~ Field Trip to the Royal Library (1)

Start bij het begin

Hm? Dad's preparations? Is he doing something behind the scene to prevent this news from being too out of hand?

Wow... I never even realised this.

"The reason why I'm bringing you to the royal library is to have you learn about your familiar and how to use the blessings you received from it. Although very few, there are books, papers, and magic tomes about spirits and spirit magic, so it will be best for you and your familiar's growth if you start studying about them now."

I see... That's true. I don't know a lot about Fubuki yet, and I couldn't even use the "blessings" she gave me yet. At most, I could only conjure up a small breeze using it. I couldn't use it in a practical manner yet.

"I see. I understand. Thank you very much for bringing me to the Royal Library, Lawliela-sama."

"Mm. There is no need for you to thank me this much. The largest reason why I want you to learn about Spirit magic is to see how far you can go. In short, it is simply to satiate my curiosity and my amusement."

Lawliela crossed her long, slender, yet firm top-model level legs and smiled at me with a seductive look.

O-Ooohh... She's so sexy...Such mature allure...

"You've gone beyond my expectations multiple times in the past. I'm looking forward to how you would go even beyond."

A-Ahahaha... Y-Yeah... No pressure, right?

"I shall strive for the best."

Lawliela-sama nodded in satisfaction.

"Mm. I look forward to it."

After that, Lawliela-sama closed her eyes and stayed quiet for the rest of the journey to the castle. Meanwhile, I was having fun playing and talking with Valerie.

When we arrived to the castle, the gate guards immediately let us in right after they saw Lawliela-sama.

We entered the castle and immediately headed straight to the Royal Library.

Once we arrived in front of the massive, white, double doors, decorated with golden engravings, the guards stationed in front of it immediately saluted and opened the door for Lawliela-sama and us.

T-This... S-She's even more of a VIP than I ever thought. She's got the express pass for everything in this castle!

The moment I entered the Royal Library, my hands tightened around Valerie's.

My jaw slackened and my eyes opened wide as I slowly looked up to the floors and floors of shelves filled neatly with books around the opened center. Columns and rows of shelves lined up in perfect order with pillars supporting each floor.

Light coming through the glass dome ceiling far above illuminated the entire library. The smell of books and wood permeated through the air.

My breath was taken away. I was speechless, and I didn't dare shatter the silence and sanctity of this grand and majestic library.

"Come. Follow me."

Lawliela-sama's dignified, yet gentle, voice snapped me out of my daze and I began following after her, dragging Valerie along with me.

She was still looking around in a daze, and I also couldn't help but marvel around at the sheer grandness of this library.

Seems like this is the first time Lawliela-sama brought her too.

We followed Lawliela-sama for a while until we reached the receptionist table. It's just like the receptionists' area where the librarians would be to help visitors.