An "American" Breakfast

Start from the beginning

"Miss Sawamura."

"Daishou."

"I thought we were on first-name basis," he pouted. "I was hoping you would tell me to drop the formalities."

"What do you want, you son of a bitch?" Oikawa scowled.

"Oh, what's this?" Daishou raised his brows in a false show of surprise. "I thought we were coming alone, not with our dates. I would've brought Mika, too."

"Well, you did say the other night that you wanted to see Tooru. Here he is," you beckoned your head towards the captain with an apathetic smile.

The corners of Daishou's mouth tugged further up, "I suppose I did say that. Say, Oikawa, how about we take our ladies out on a double date. They are best friends after all."

"Stop running your mouth, Daishou," Oikawa spat, "or I'll cut it off."

Daishou grimaced, "I see you didn't change one bit." He then turned to you, "Alright then, let's chat."

"I'm listening," you stepped closer to him, Oikawa's arm shot out to grab you but you dodged it.

Daishou chuckled darkly at your little action, "Alright, let's grab something to eat, I'm famished."

"That wasn't part of the deal, you said we meet here and that's it," you snapped.

"And we agreed to meet alone," Daishou glowered, eyes flicking towards Oikawa and then at you.

"Shut the fuck up," Oikawa grabbed the collar of Daishou's shirt. "Stop playing coy and just answer our damn questions."

"What's the matter, Oikawa?" Daishou taunted. "I'm not trying to steal your girl or anything, just want something to eat."

"I'll kill you—"

"Tooru," you put your hand on his shoulder. "It's fine." You turned towards Daishou, "You'll talk then, right?"

Daishou nodded shrewdly.

You sighed, "Get in the car."

"Oh, I didn't know you both would be treating me to an American breakfast," Daishou mumbled as he munched on the waffles on his plate. "I should be thanking you."

The breakfast bar you and your boyfriend had taken Daishou to was nearly empty as it was five in the morning. Jazz music played softly in the back, the sweet smell of coffee, maple syrup, and pine filled the air.

"Thank us by telling us what happened between you and Ushijima," you said before you swiped your finger on the whipped cream sitting atop your waffles.

"Talk," Oikawa snapped at the man across the table, you three were sitting in a corner booth in the mostly empty restaurant, yet the tone you three used was hushed.

Daishou set down his fork and knife, wiping his mouth with a napkin before speaking, "Right. So, as you know, Ushijima and I were supposed to meet at the Landmark Tower yesterday. And I did go."

"He didn't show up," you said, thinking you completed his statement.

"Oh, he showed up alright," Daishou winced, "in my hotel room last night, with two guns trained at my head."

You and Oikawa shared a concerned look.

"Why?" Oikawa quizzed. "What did Ushiwaka say?"

"He showed up with two of his men, saying that the deal was off," Daishou said gravely. "That son of a bitch conned me, and I never got my money. All I got was my hands dirty."