Chapter 2, the attack

AN: hey guys! Huge TW here, for assault. I love how this is going!

I was just rolling towards my neighborhood Walmart, only two blocks, when it happened. A few young men- about 18 or 19- were shouting at me, calling me a crip and petty things like that.

One grabbed me and threw me on the ground. I was begging for him to stop, but he just wouldn't. All of them were throwing slushees on me and beating me, so they must be McKinley kids. I was crying because of all of the unbearable pain I felt. It was horrible. The last thing I remember was a cold slushee with rocks in it be thrown onto my face.

~~~~~

"Hello?"
"Yes, this is Kurt Hummel."
"Is she okay?"
"Which hospital is she at"
"Alright thanks. Bye."
I just got the call describing what happened to Quinn. She's in a medically-induced coma and it is unknown if she is going to die. Because Rachel and I tell each other everything, when Diva and I had our nightly ritual she told me about her and Quinn.

I called Blaine and he rushed over fast. I know his big, hot, strong and sexy arms will be able to hold down Santana when she hears the news. But with Rachel, all she's going to do is cry. I got us 4 plane tickets to Lima so we can spend time with Quinn. The dicks even destroyed her wheelchair. Cruel.

"You got a good lock on her Blaine?"

"Mhm"

"Listen up Lady Hummel" said Santana. "Why do I have be strapped down? Your sista over here, her nails are claws. Literally, I sharpened them so much that I tore open my ass when i was wiping it."

"Ok that's enough Santana. I just got a call. Quinn was attacked by a gang and is in a coma at the hospital. We don't know if she will make it or not."

"Uh- nobody and I mean NOBODY messes with my girl. I'm gonna find those fuckers and eat them aliv-"

"SANTANA!" Blaine yelled. "That's enough. Go pack your bags, we're flying to Lima tomorrow at 3pm. Rachel you haven't said anything, are you ok?"

She stared blankly at the wall with tears streaming down her face. She looked like a doll. In the blink of an eye she stood up and ran over to her room and all we could hear was screaming. We decided to let her have alone time until all we heard was silence. We were sitting on the couch when we all somehow made 3 way eye contact and ran.

~~~

I had locked my door. How? Who let this happen? Why? Who has enough hate in their heart? What if she dies? It made me scream even louder. And suddenly I stopped. I realized that without anyone I truly love, it's pointless to live. Nothing felt right. For what feels like ages after I snapped out of it, everyone was banging on the door. I came back to my current reality and opened the door. I started to pack because I'm going to sleep on the couch.

We leave at 2am, take off at 3am, and get there at 6am. We should get to see her by 7. I'm just terrified of what will happen if she doesn't wake up.

She's been through so much, just to add this to her list? Wow, life is brutal I thought.

~~~
Once the pack arrived in their home city, Mr. Schuester picked them up. Nobody uttered a word until they had to tell the receptionist who they were visiting. William had warned them that she looks way worse then she is, but nothing could've prepared them for what they saw.

Once rachel walked in she dropped her phone. That wasn't Quinn. At least it didn't look like Quinn. She looked all bandaged. Rachel was in shock and playing things up in her head. She looked fine and her condition was stable.

~~~

"She had bandages. Everywhere." Berry sobbed.

"Shut it trap mouth all she has is a broken rib and a concision. She didn't even need surgery." I replied.

"Only?!? Santana she is going to die!" Said the uterus bearing gay boy.

"She isn't even on life support. You guys are being really dramatic."

Blaine was doing fine. He was obviously upset but he wasn't that badly affected. I think the thing that stung him the most is the fact that he was on the phone with Quinn when it happened.

~~~

The teacher only looked at his former student once. He couldn't bear the pain of watching her be in this condition. He had already lost Finn, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he lost another one. He phoned the rest of the members of the glee club and came to the conclusion that Artie would be the only one available to come to Lima.

Rachel didn't leave Quinn's side during the night. She sang all of the duets they did together to her. She was squeezing her hand, telling that she was right there. That she can just wake up and everything will be ok. That she loves her.

She woke up to Artie rolling in and rubbing her face. She had never seen him so visibly upset. She got out of the bed, pulled a chair next to Arties, and held his hands. They melted down together and were crying for what felt like forever. They fell asleep, cuddling, and woke up to a machine beeping rapidly.

Quinn wasn't in trouble, it was just a signal that her urine collector bag was full. The duo went over to Quinn and watched her sleep. Artie went to use the restroom, so Rachel kissed her forehead and then Quinn squeezed her hand.

"I NEED A NURSE" she yelled.