Party

Sam’s POV

The party was blaring while drinks after drinks were passed around Jake, Colby and Corey dowing them one by one as the party kept going. I don’t particularly like big loud parties so I snuck out and went to my room. I changed clothes and got into bed cuddling up with my comforter. 

Colby’s POV

I kept downing the drinks as they kept coming but something felt off, where’s sam? I turned to the guys “ Hey bro where’s Sam?” “Broooo I have nOooooO ClllUUEE” Jake Slurred. I left  the group and went upstairs and softly knocked and sams door, I didn’t hear anything so I opened the door and saw Sam asleep on his bed with soft snores coming from his mouth. Man he looks so cute, Shit I can think like that he's my friend. So I walked out of his room and went back down to the party and I saw Jake and Corey getting in the car. I walked to them, “Woo woo dude, how many drinks did you have.” Don’t tell me what I can and can’t doooo yooour nott my mmmoom” Corey hissed at him. Jake was already in the passenger seat. “ Hey we are only going to the store on the corner to get more wine coolers, so relax bro,” Corey rolled up his window and started to back up out of the driveway as I banged on it.

Corey’s POV 

I'm currently  driving and I feel my eyes grow heavy and I was approaching a red light and I lowered my foot on what I thought was the brake but wasn’t I heard Jake scream “ Stop COREY WERE -” and with that it went pitch black. 

Jake’s POV

I woke up with the sound of sirens and looked around and I heard someone scream “ we have to get medical treatment now!!”. “No don’t help me help Corey I pointed at as they zipped the black bag around him. Nooo, I was still weak as the image kept playing in my mind of them zipping the bag.

Sam’s POV

My phone started ringing as an unknown number called I which declined and made my way to the bathroom after I went by Colby's room and heard music playing and I knocked. “ What’s up?” “Can I come in?” “ Sure” with that I walked in and Colby and I were talking about a future video we thought about filming. All of a sudden Colby’s phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID and my mouth dropped. Colby looked at me worryingly “ What’s wrong Bub?” I pulled out my phone, “I just had that number call me.” Colby answered the call “ This is he”, Colby then walked out and continued his conversation and he came back in with eyes big like he just saw a ghost.

Colby’s Pov 

I answered the phone and a female’s voice came on “ Hello is this Mr. Colby Brock?” “This is he '' I walked out of the room into the hallway “Sir I have unfortunate news for you, you see. Jake Webber is currently in our hospital with a major head injury and is currently under our care.” “I’ll be on my way but what about Corey Scherer?” “Sir I Can’t tell you any information over the phone due to confidentiality, but I will tell you when you arrive” “Ok. Thank you” I walked back into the room with my eyes wide. Sam looked at my very worried “What’s wrong Colbs you look like you’ve seen a ghost. I explained to Sam what the lady told me. Sam was not crying or sad. I think he was just in shock and we were on our way to the hospital. Sam drove of course because I still have alcohol in my system. 

Third person POV 

Sam and Colby ran into the hospital and went to the receptionist desk where a kind lady helped them find their friend they walked in and saw Jake

Sam’s POV 

When I walked in and I saw Jake with bandages it broke. I could control myself anymore. I started to cry. Now I bawled, Colby saw me and started to hug me. I loved when he did. Wait, I can't Love him more than a friend can I. I stopped thinking as Colby rested his head on mine.

Colby’ POV

I can’t believe this happened. As I was comforting Sam I started to notice an increased heart rate on Jake’s monitor. I released Sam from the hug and called for a nurse. A nurse came in and Jake was awake and Sam and him were talking but I couldn’t help but worry about Corey so I walked to the nurse’s station “How may I help you?” “Yes I was wondering what room my friend Corey Scherer was in?” “Oh… Noone told you?” “Tell me what?” “ I’m sorry but Corey Scherer didn’t make it due to glass going through his heart.” I was thrown back at the news. How am I supposed to tell Sam?

Sam’s POV

Jake told me everything from him yelling to seeing Corey being placed in a balck bag. I had to tell Colby but I didn’t know where he was. I excused myself to go to the restroom to find Colby. I saw Colby crying on his knees mumbling “he was too young.”. I tapped Colby’s shoulder and he immediately hugged my legs and I played with his hair whispering sweet nothing trying to calm him until he finally started to catch his breath. 

They both walked into Jake’s room and they talked about the memories they had about Corey. And they stayed there until 4 am and were kicked out because visiting hours were closed.