Page 3: Dancing and the Dreaming...

Start from the beginning

She heard them, they weren't really that quiet but it helped her calm down a bit. Knowing that they were there set her heart in a warm state. She was glad to have them as a family. However....they always say that the calm comes before the storm.

.
.
.

2 years has passed since {Name} started to dance the Hinokami Kagura. She is now 15 years old and has taken the place of her father to which it became an impeccable timing as after she had 2 more siblings, Shigeru and Rokuta...Her father's sickness was getting to him.

Here she was, sitting beside her father while placing a damp cloth on his forehead. Her mother and younger siblings went out to shop while Tanjiro and Nezuko sold coal to help make money.

"{Name}...."

Her father murmured and took hold of {Name}'s hands which were placed on top of his futon. She held back the tears that were threatening to pour out. Her father could die any second now.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember what we talked about 5 years ago?"

"When you taught me how to dance?"

"Yes but the other *cough* *cough* one..."

"Father, don't push yourself and yes I do remember. you said..."

"After I die, I want you to find someone named Shinjuro Rengoku..."

"Who?"

"Shinjuro Rengoku, the current flame hashira"

"What? Hashira? What's that?"

"Blossom, don't tell me you forgot your dream..."

"My...dream? As in the one where I told you about the strange men? The one with the.."

"Blonde hair with red tips? Yes thats what the Rengoku heritage has looked like for generations. At least that is what I know."

" And the hafunda guy?"

"He wasn't directly our ancestor but thats where we got the breathing technique in the first place."

"So after I go to this Shinjuro Rengoku, what then?"

"Say you need information about the first breathing style..."

"Wait what? Why?"

"Because After I die, you will no longer need the dance."

"What??!! Why?! I taught that its supposed to be generations from generations?!"

{Name} felt confused and tried to argue with her father.

"Its what you said, You aren't a son I'm not letting you pass down the dance so you can pass it down to your children. You'll be part of another clan if you are married. Tanjiro will pass down the dance. However you are keeping the earrings."