Chapter 9 - Love, William

Theodora had a hard time keeping track of the days as they were going by so fast and so many things have happened. She hasn't been in her room for 2 days staying with the twins after Mr. Weasley's attack at the Ministry.

They told her that they were okay but she knew them better than that so she decided to stay in their room to show her support. George has been more agitated than Fred but she thinks that Fred is just better at hiding his fear.

She sat down at her desk, pressing her fingers against her temples, trying to stop the worrying thoughts in her head.

Not having a dad around and only getting a letter from him a few times per year now, Mr. Weasley grew on her as a father figure, and as much as she tried to be strong for her two best friends she couldn't help but be concerned while being on her own.

Something caught her attention on the edge of her desk. It was a letter from Bill. She has been so occupied making the twins feel better that she completely forgot about it. She always felt better when she read his letters and writing back to him has been kind of therapeutic so she was glad she could reply to him at that moment.

Dear Theodora,

I am sorry to burden you with this but how are my siblings doing? How are Ron and Ginny with everything that happened with dad?

I don't want to imagine how shocked Ron was when Harry told him that something attacked our father. Is he alright?

How are the twins handling it? I know they like to hide their emotions and usually tell people they are doing fine but I know you know them better than that and I know it's not my place to tell you this but please watch over them.

It was traumatic for us all at how fast it all happened. Just a week ago I talked to dad and then suddenly, he was in the hospital.

The whole event only confirms that I've made the right decision to come back home. I would never forgive myself if I was so far away – I know Charlie is losing it but he simply can't get a day off to come home. I think I might visit him in a few days. Merlin knows it would both do us good.

Bill

Theodora pressed the letter to her heart, trying hard to hold in the tears. It was enough that the twins weren't doing okay with what happened to their dad and seeing Bill so concerned simply broke her heart. She has never wanted to hug him more and wished she could do anything for him to not be so worried about his family.

Dear Bill,

Please stop saying that you are a burden. Of course, you're worried about your siblings. Ginny is doing okay. I had lunch with her yesterday and your mum wrote to her that dad is going to make full recovery. She cried happy tears and her mood improved greatly because of it.

Ron can't stop thanking Harry for having a vision and saving your dad's life. He is beyond grateful for it and he is doing better as well. I think he is getting more concerned about Harry and the dreams he keeps having. He said that they are getting more frequent and more terrifying and I kind of worry too.

I stayed with Fred and George for two days in their dorm. They said that they are fine and that there's no need for me to do so but I didn't take no for an answer. I know when they are not okay and even if they wanted to appear strong for Ron, Ginny, and Harry's sake I know that they silently worry too.

With your mum's letter, they are all doing better and they are going back to their old routines. George didn't want to come down to eat for 3 days and Fred didn't feel like pranking Filch at all so you can imagine it was pretty bad.