part 17

I woke up the next morning to maria practically on top of me.

I tried to roll her off of me but she whined and got back into her original position. then great timing my phone rang. I picked it up and answered.

"This better be good" I whispered.

"well hello to you agent," Tony said.

"hey look I am kinda busy at the moment," I said.

"oh I get it," he said weirdly.

"what no I am not doing that.. just tell me what you want," I said.

"okay well Fury told me that both of us need to go down to the new compound to discuss some things," he said.

"Alright I will be there," I said.

"have a fun agent with you friend," he said and hung up 

"asshole," I said to myself. then I heard sniggering from below me and I looked to see Maria laughing.

"what the hell are you laughing at," I asked.

"you," she said.

"oh, really and what is that," I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"your reaction when tony thought you were sleeping with someone" she laughed.

I picked her up so she was straddling my lap and said "you do you that he knows we live together so he probably thinks we sleep together" I smiled and her jaw dropped.

"wait for what," she said getting up.

"yeah karmas a bitch" I said "put not gonna lie everyone thinks we are sleeping together" she turned to me and said "what do you mean by that"

I sat up and put my legs over the bed and said "do you not know what people are saying they all think we are sleeping together saying that it is unprofessional that we sleep together and work side by side and we are the closes to the boss and others are saying that they don't know how you like me like at all because of my problems and not just by private area but also that I drink, do drugs and smoke and that I am not fit for the job snd that I don't deserve another chance"

"Why didn't you tell me any of this," she asked.

"I didn't wanna ruin what we had our friendship I didn't want you to be freaked out about it all and run of like everyone else does I'm fine with it I don't care what they think I just want to know how they found out about my private issue," I said.

she walked over and stood so she was between my legs and said "hey I am not gonna run of never and don't care what they think either and there stupid for even thinking we are dating" she said pulling me in for a hug still stood up "you are agitated about them finding out that you have a penis"

"I mean the only people that know are family and if they found out about that there gonna find everything out even bucky and I can't put bucky in danger I just cant"

"you care about him don't you" she smiled.

"I mean yeah he is like my little brother except he is 73 years older than me I have this feeling that I should protect him with everything that I have you know," I said.

"yeah I have that feeling with someone, not the brother/sister part but I have this connection with someone so strong I don't know if I will be able to live without them beside me there like my partner in crime," she said.

"and who is that person," I asked.

"I am looking at them right now," she said.

"wait what," I said dumbfounded and frozen.