"Drinian can always help with that. He knows everyone at sea."

"That's true. You said he's down at port with the Dawn Treader, right?"

"Mhm." He hums.

"I'll ask eventually but not now. We have more important things to worry about. You know, with our wedding being tomorrow."

"How could I forget? I've been waiting for it ever since I proposed."

My cheeks flush hot at the memories that come rushing back. That day fades in and out of my thoughts and is always accompanied by a sense of warm euphoria. The stunning scenery of the white floating lilies and turquoise-colored ocean made that afternoon the most beautiful moment of my life. Even without that, seeing Caspian, being with him was more stunning than I could have ever imagined.

Caspian smirks knowingly. "Have I flustered you?"

"Shut up." I shove him away playfully.

"Come now, that's no way to treat your future husband."

My face burns even redder. "Stop it, I'm serious Caspian."

He's about to say something snarky again, make me blush harder with sweet words, but his smile falters slightly while his eyes flicker to something behind me. "We have company."

I turn around, disappointment already balling up in my stomach. Anna is coming in our direction, Tavros following her.

"Is it time?" I shout.

"It is, your grace."

"Time for what?" Caspian asks.

"The celebratory feast that happens the day before a wedding. I had no idea but apparently, it's tradition."

"You don't sound very excited."

"I'm not. I want to be but I hate dressing up."

He smiles while trying not to laugh at me.

"Your majesty." Anna does a curtsy before Caspian.

He nods at her. "Anna."

"I'm to escort you to your room, your grace." She says to me with a slight bow of her head.

"Thank you." I turn back to Caspian, subtly lacing my fingers between his. "I'll see you there."

He gives my hand a squeeze before Anna and I walk away.

"I'm sorry Althea," Anna says, dropping the formalities. "I figured you would be practicing again, which I was right, and I can't have you showing up to the feast as a sweaty mess."

I unconsciously wipe my forehead with the sleeve of my shirt. "Thank you, I would hate to embarrass myself in front of the nobles as I've already done several times."

"You'll get the hang of things, I promise."

"Only because I have you to help me," I say while linking our arms together.

We walk through the newly tiled hallways, all the way back to my room that's nestled at the very center of the castle. The size of my bedroom still doesn't feel normal. The bed is massive and so is the connected bathroom and balcony. My desk, which I had moved in from my private study, is in the center of the entry room, resting on a dark blue rug and covered in documents, maps, and various papers.

"What new dress have you got for me to prance around in?" I ask.

"You'll see only after all that dirt has been washed off you." She says.

I can't help but laugh at the face she sends me. "Alright, just promise me that it's not coral pink."

"Of course not. And that wasn't me. Cari was the one that picked it."