Chapter 12: Bishop

Start from the beginning

"What the hell are you doing, Opal needs this!" Asami exclaimed.

"She's dead. Giving her that won't save her."Kuvira argued.

"You don't know that! She still could be alive." Korra announced.

"Opal doesn't even have a heart at this point and she's not breathing anymore. She's obviously dead. There is no point in increasing the heart rate of an organ that is completely obliterated. " Kuvira argued.

Angry at Kuvira's lack of resilience, Asami grabs her by the shirt as she pummels her against the apartment walls. Asami starts to wail as she refuses to admit her friend's death.

"How can you just stand there and admit your sister is dead. Opal's your family for crying out loud!" Asami screamed.

"And no amount of screaming will bring her back. Just look at her! You may be smart, but even you can't cure death when you see it! You know well as I do she's gone! The best course of action we can take is to get her some medical attention and get that unforsaken bastard!" Kuvira screams

While Asami doesn't want to agree with Kuvira, no amount of refusal could bring Opal back. Taking a second to realize the situation, Asami drops against the floor as she no longer has the strength nor energy to deny it any further. Everyone within the apartment knew that it wasn't Kuvira that Asami was furious against, but rather the inevitable situation.

"Why.... Why Opal of all people?" Asami whispered to herself.

Noticing Asami and Kuvira succumbing to the results, Korra yields to the situation as she drops her arms down. The water surrounding Opal no longer flows around her corpse. As Asami unhands herself from Kuvira, Kuvira makes a mad dash towards the front door, running after the masked villain. While Kuvira wants time to honor the dead, she doesn't want the villains to get away with killing her friend. With a hard sense of justice and a thirst for blood, Kuvira chased after Fox. Meanwhile, Korra and Asami wanted to chase after their friend, but leaving their friend behind would only dishonor what little life remained within her. Making the tough decision, Asami ordered Korra to go after Kuvira while she contacted Lin using the apartment phone. While Asami wanted to avenge her friend's death, tagging along would only slow Korra down as Asami doesn't have the bending capabilities to match her ferocious speed.

Korra hesitated at first but quickly followed along as she knew this wasn't a time for debating. Korra uses her airbending skills to boost herself out of the apartment entrance as she follows Kuvira.

While the Avatar and Kuvira chased after the masked murder, Asami used the nearby phone to contact Lin.

At the other side of Republic City, the chief of police was in bed with her girlfriend, Kya, as the two caressed each other throughout the night. Lin's phone rings as the two females continue to pleasure themselves in sexual ecstasy. Lin didn't want to pick up the phone as she assumed it would be something minor like a drunken mob roaming around Republic City or managing intense traffic. However, Kya insisted on Lin picking up the phone.

"I think you should pick it up..." Kya stated as she was being fingered by Lin.

"Don't worry about it, it's probably something stupid." Lin retorted.

"Still, I don't feel comfortable leaving them on hold." Kya clarified.

Getting up from the fetal position, Lin raised her upper body against the bed frame as she picked up the telephone from the bed counter. Lin pressed the phone against her cheek as she reluctantly picked up the phone.

"What?" Lin asked.

"It's Opal, she got murdered!" Asami exclaimed.

"Don't move, I'll be right there!" Lin demanded.