Assigment: Information Retrieval

Start from the beginning

Mika held her chin between her index finger and thumb as she pondered.

"It seems a bit strange to me," she commented. "I have a feeling there's a specific reason for him changing his attitude all of a sudden. Maybe someone said something to him."

You thought about what she said, "Maybe you're right. But I don't know what someone might've said to him to change all of a sudden."

"If I were you, I'd tell him how I feel. But knowing you, you're probably going to go along with some petty plan to make him suffer," she groaned.

You smirked, "Hmmm, I'm just going to make sure he remembers that we're just friends."

Mika playfully punched your arm, and you tossed your head back and cackled, she joined along with you. The sound of your ringtone led to your fit of laughter dying off. You grabbed your phone and checked the text, it was Coach. He and Takeda were outside waiting for you in the car since you had to work with Kenma today.

"Mika, I've got to go," you told her, still staring at your phone.

"Dude," she whined. "We haven't seen each other in so long. Just go later."

You pouted, usually you were the one whining, "I'm so sorry. I just got a text from my boss. He needs me to work."

She perked up, "Your boss? Is it that boy?"

You shook your head grumpily, "No."

She clapped, "It is. He wants to see you!"

"Whatever," you said as you hugged her.

"Good luck on your date tonight, by the way" Mika patted your back, referring to a guy you planned to meet tonight.

You let her go as you replied, "It's not a date. I'm just hooking up with him. There's no way I'm getting my emotions involved again with another guy."

She pursed her lips in pity. Truth is, you had gotten attached to Oikawa since that night, and not being able to have him infuriated you. You needed to move on, and you thought maybe taking out your frustrations sexually will help.

You left her apartment building and spotted the black Range Rover that Helix lent to Takeda. You hopped into the back and greeted Coach in the passenger seat, Takeda was driving.

"What's up?" you said bouncily.

"We might have a lead on the bridge bombing," Coach explained to you.

"Whoever had it out for Jin Sato was probably not directly linked so we think there's a third party involved," Takeda further clarified.

You squinted at them from the backseat and grilled, "This was a paid hit mission? A planned assassination?"

They gravely nodded. The car ride was brief as Mika's apartment was several blocks away from the organization's entrance in the alley way. You were a bit confused when Takeda drove towards a grassy hill in a field on the outskirts of town instead. Takeda clicked a button on the car's console as he came to a halt. To your surprise, the grass on side of the hill began splitting open, like a garage door.

This must've been the entrance for vehicles in headquarters, it was your first time entering through it. The location of the opening was ideal, it was detached from the city and in an area no one ever ventured off into.

The car drove through the gate which shut afterwards. The passageway for the cars was significantly wide and it was lit by white, fluorescent lighting along the side. The walls were grey, matching the rest of the headquarters' color scheme.