" we are not here to argue. We just would like to be contacted if the boys may have to make alternative arrangements"

I sighed.

This was not supposed to happen. I'm not supposed to rely on anyone else to pick up the boys.

I love my job and sometimes I can get carried away, especially when I come across implications.

" I'll be sure to do that in the future but you know Helen that I love the boys and I don't plan to make this a habit" she seemed pleased as she stepped forward.

I enjoyed the fact that we both completely ignored Juselle.

" I know. You're a great mother Selene"

I smiled. Helen was someone I found myself trusting. She had a colourful background working in different areas within education and Nick did a great job in choosing this school for the boys on the premise of Helen and her work.

Not Juselle, that's for sure.

Thankfully I could get back to the car.

I took the 30-minute drive home as a chance to finally breathe. The boys had fallen asleep in the back and Katy didn't seem to mind driving home in silence.

I thought about how I was going to avoid this in the future. I planned to discuss with Kane how I can be sure that I never become busy at times where I need to be there for my kids.

When we arrived home, my moment of relaxation ended as I came face to face with Nick and James.

The boy quickly ran upstairs. It was in their routine that they get out of their school clothes the moment they get home.

" How was it?" Nick asked me. He walked over and kissed me gently.

I sighed. " bad, I faced Juselle who didn't even consider holding back on what a terrible mother I am"

She may be a bitch but why, in the back of my mind to i believe that she's right.

How many more people think the same way when they look at me.

" she couldn't be more wrong. I'm really surprised she still has a job there. Ive heard other parents complain about her" Nick tells me as he rubs his thumb against the back of my neck.

I leant into his shoulder as my eyes lifted up.

My lips parted when I saw the look on James's face.

" you can see where she's coming from though" He suggested leaving me to gape at my friend.

Nick moved away from me instantly. " what the fuck did you just say" He said bewildered clearly angry with James and his choice of words.

" This isn't the first time" he stated, adding to his original words. Making this situation far worse than it already is.

" I'm not quite sure what you're insinuating. Do you think i'm a bad mother " I asked him carefully?

" no-no , of course not but i talk to the boys a lot and " James didn't have the chance to finish his sentence as he suspected Nick's move. James stepped back his eyes wide.

" Dude, were you going to hit me," James said as his voice rose up.

Shocked beyond disbelief.

" if you finished i'd do more than that" Nick mumbled as I pulled at Nick's arm and brought him back.

" I'm just saying that the boys think a certain way so the teacher's opinion is viable"

Fucking hell James, do you have a death wish.