New house, new friends and a meany bad guy?

© 2014

- 10 years ago - 

Molly's POV

I was crying and crying till I couldn't anymore and sleep crawled its way sneakily to me. I didn't want to leave my home, my grandparents and Lily, my bestfriend. I wanted everything to be the same, but Mummy and Daddy told me I will make new friends and I will like it there much better. I remember them telling me this.

" Mummy, why are there boxes in my room? Am I getting new presents?" I say excitedly.

" Honey, we are moving tommorrow." She said putting her hand on my hair giving it a shake.

"Moving? " That didn't make sense to me.

" A new house. In a different place." 

" Okay. Is Lily allowed to come too?" I asked with hope.

"No, Molly, Lily has her own home. We are going far away and don't you think she will miss her mummy and daddy?" Said my mummy.

Mummy explained to me that Lily can come visit me whenever she wants but it will be hard because it will be far for her and so I start to cry. I wake up to find out that Lily and her family went on holiday the day I was leaving and so I couldn't say my good bye. We got ready and put our things in the car and drove off. After crying myself to sleep, I wake up to find myself in a new room the next day.

I went downstairs and saw mummy making breakfast. " Finally my carebear is awake!" said daddy, who pulled me into a hug. We were sitting on the big stool facing the worktop. 

" Molly dear, someone came to meet you earlier on. Our neighbour, Mrs Jefferson came over and her daughter and son. They wanted to meet you but you were still asleep. We'll go after this ok."

Daddy took me to their house and Mummy said she will come over soon. I rang the door bell and a lady opened it. She was pretty and had short black hair with glasses on. 

" Hey Sally, this is Molly. Molly, this is Mrs. Jefferson." Daddy introduced us.

" Oh pshtt, baby girl, call me Aunt Sally." She said smilingly and hugged me.

We went inside the house - it was huge, just like my new house. " Aunt Sally, I want to play with.. with.." I thought about it and realised I didn't even know the girl and boy's name.

".. Riley and James. They are in the toy room. Come I'll take you." Aunt Sally walked down the corridor holding my hand and I heard daddy say, " Hey Phillip, "  and " Molly, I'm just over here." I looked back and nodded at my daddy.  

Aunt Sally stopped in front of a door and opened it. " Kids, meet Molly. I'm sure you will be having a great time here Molly. This is Riley" A girl came up to me from her sitting position on the floor with  a book in one hand and the other stretching out to greet me. I shook it. "Hello" We both said at the same time.

" This is James" she pointed to a boy playing with a fake car. " Brumm brumm.. ummmm.." He was in his own world.

- 10 minutes later -

" So wanna be me friend?" Riley ask shyly.

" No." I said 

" Oh. um it's okay then." Riley moved away from me a little bit and got sad.

"Why are you sad, silly? I don't want to be your friend. I want to be your bestfriend" I say

" Really?" Riley asked with happiness on her face. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

" Wow, I can't wait to tell Amy." She said.

"Who's Amy?"

" She is my friend and she lives next to you as well on the other side. She has 3 brothers and 2 of them are really annoying." Said Riley. " But they went to visit their cousins."

After playing a long while, Riley and I went downstairs when Aunty Sally called us. " Who wants cookies?" 

" Thank you Aunt Sally. They're yummy. Can I have more?"

" Oh ofcourse sweety and thank you."

Mummy came over earlier on and she and daddy were speaking to Riley's parents. 

" Hey Molly, want to play outside with my new dolly and pushchair? I got it for my birthday" Said Riley.

" Yayy!" 

We were only allowed to play outside close to the house where the adults could see us from the living room windows.

" Hey, stop it now! I'm telling mum!" I heard a little girl screaming. I turned around and saw a boy with a watergun and a little soaking wet girl.

"It's just a game Amy" He started shooting again.

"Nathan stop!"

Riley dragged me there. " But Riley, we can't-"  I began. " It's okay, they're my friends and it's not far - it's just next to your house Molly." She said

" Amy!" Riley ran to her, pulling me along. 

" Riilleeeeeyyy" Amy saw her friend and smiled. Riley introduced us all.

Amy went inside to get changed and Riley went to with her. Me and Nathan stayed outside and started to play 'It'. 

" Your It!" Nathan patted my on my shoulder and ran away. We were running all over the front garden   and I was still It. I bumped into someone and we fell on the ground. I looked up to see a boy staring at me. Angrily. " Sorry." I say. He is cute. " You'd better be" He said. No! He isn't cute. He is the devil. the bogey man. The.. the.. the.. baddest bad guy in the whole wide world! I hate him. Meany!

We both get up. " This is for pushing me!" He pulled both of my ponytails at once. " Ouch" I start to cry. I look at him again and he isn't angry anymore. " I hate you. you are a meany bad guy!" 

"What's happening here?" Shouted a lady who was standing near the door. " Aw Honey, your Molly aren't you?" I nod " Well come inside and tell me what happened." She took me into the living room and I told her. 

"Derek!! get in here now!" Screamed his Mummy. 

" Mum it wasn't my fault!" He shouted coming inside and sat on the sofa opposite me.

" Derek, be nice. It was an accident and you Mr, shouldn't have pulled her hair. Your not going to the park this afternoon and you will say sorry to Molly." 

"S...orry  Molly" He  said quietly, looking downwards fiddling with his hands.

" No, come here and hug her. Poor girl, you made her cry on her first day here."

Derek came over to me and pulled me into a hug. " Sorry Molly for pulling your hair." He said cutely. 

"S'okay" He pulled back and looked at me and then he kissed me on my cheek. He kissed me! no boy ever kissed me before. I was starting to feel shy.

That was then. 10 years ago.