Chapter 1: The Past

Start from the beginning

I look outside the window, indeed, this is definitely not my world.
Hikaru: So, why am I here?
Old man: You're actually a demon yourself, only half though.
That shocked me, I stood up and slammed my hands on his desk.
Hikaru: What do you mean?
Old man: Your father is a demon, your mother was a human. The result was you, the very first half blood demon.
He opened his draw and took something out. He handed it to me.

Old man: This is your father and he is one of my closest friends

I held the photo, observing my dad. I really did get his features.
Hikaru: Is this why I suddenly have sharper nails and pointy ears?
Old man: That's correct. Your demon genes are now showing as you grow older. Sooner or later, you'll may have horns or a tail. All demons have wings so that's a definite feature.

I wanted to hand back the photo but the old man said I could keep it.
Hikaru: Why am I brought down here now?
Old man: It was your father's wish.
The old man held his hand out and a piece of paper appeared. He started reading from it.

"Dear Sullivan,

How are you my friend? Must be shocking to receive a letter from a friend you haven't seen in 5 years. The reason why I disappeared...is because I fell in love. Her name is Rena, my human wife. The first year we've spend time with each other. The second year, I proposed to her. Now on the fourth year, we have a child. His name is Hikaru, which means light.

When he was born, he became the light of our lives. As I'm writing to you now, my son is two years old. I have a request for you Sullivan, when he is 14 years old, please raise him in the demon world. I could feel his magic, it seems my demon genes were stronger than his human genes. I casted a spell to only have his demon appearance show up when he is 14.

Since his demon genes will appear, he can no longer stay in the human world. He will be more accepted over there. The reason why I can't take him there myself...they found out about Rena. I made my love be in danger, luckily, they don't know about Hikaru.

I will be taken in soon and I may never see my son and wife again. I don't know what'll happen to me but I did my best to hide Rena and Hikaru. Please...complete my request. I love my son very much and I wish him happiness as he grows. Rena knows Hikaru must be taken away, all she wants is to see him again when he's a high enough rank to cross over. You're the only one I could trust, so please take care of him.

Your Friend,
Xander Nightray"

There was also a picture, It was my mom and dad smiling while holding me. When he was done reading, some tears fell from my eyes.
Hikaru: He...really love mom and I...
Sullivan: *smiles* He was a great friend and father.
He handed me a box of tissues and I wiped my tears away with it.
Sullivan: I didn't see your mother when I got you.
Hikaru: She's gone...I don't know how she died. Did the demons after dad...
Sullivan: ...I don't know but I wished I could've met your mother, she seems like a wonderful person.
Hikaru: *smiles* She was.