Prologue Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Fffgyyyaaaaaaaaa!!!! The picture talked!!"

"What now? It's not uncommon for paintings to talk at this school. The Wall Lady over there, the Wall Gentleman over here, everyone can speak. Portraits can speak because they have a mouth. That's normal, you know?" said the portrait

"That is so cool, I've only seen it in that one famous movie but I get to see it in real life. Where I lived all the paintings don't talk."

"Your 'normal' and my 'normal' differ in regards to our quirks. Isn't that true? That aside, who are you looking for?"

"A guy named Ace. He's got a heart mark on his face and hair that sticks up." Grim said

"Aaaah, I know him. He's one of the freshmen that started today. He went back to his dorm not too long ago..."

"Waaaaahaaaat! So he did try to get away! Which way did he go?"

"The entrance is behind the East Building."

"Hey! We're going after him"

"Ok, Ok. Just don't run too fast. When do I ever get a break." I told Grim as he started going off to the Hall of Mirrors.

"No way I'm washing 100 windows. Gonna head home..." Ace said

"Heeeeeeeeeeey yoooooouuuuu!!!!" Grim said

"Geh!! Found me!"

"Jeeeerk!! Hold up!! I won't let you be the only one to escape!"

"I'm not just going to wait around for you! I'm outta here!"

"It's not fair for only you to get out of it! I wanted to skip out but Minju forced me to clean!"

"Ace if you run any further I will murder you, you piece of shit," I said in a calm but frightening tone.

"..Huh?" said a blue-haired boy

"Outta my way! Outta my way!" Ace said

"Eh.. oo-ooh!?" said the blue-haired boy

"Catch him or restrain him, that f*cker is not getting out of cleaning," I told the blue-haired boy

"Magic to capture someone!? I should freeze their legs, no, how should I restrain them?" the blue-haired boy said to himself

"Anyway, I don't care how, just hit him hard! Hurry!" Grim said

"Any way!? Any way... Eeeiii! Anything is fine, so come on! Something heavy!" said the blue-haired boy

When the blue-haired boy said, "something heavy" a cauldron appeared smushing Ace.

"Gueeeeh! What the heck, a pot?" Ace said started by the cauldron.

"Gyahahaha! Check it out! Ace is as flat as a pancake under that cauldron! So lame!" Grim said while laughing.

"I didn't think I'd get a cauldron. Did I overdo it?" said the blue head.

"Man, this hurts... You should be fine. Those 100 windows should be clean in a flash." Ace said

"Well, I'm sorry for not being born with magic. You will be cleaning the rest of the windows because we did most of it already." I told Ace. Ace and the blue head looked a bit startled seeing that I admitted I was magicless and I said it in a proud-ish tone.

"Washing 100 windows as punishment... What in the world did you all do?"

"I got into it a bit with the furball and we were close to charring the Queen of Hearts' statue, but then she blocked us from fighting and we got a lecture." Ace told the blue head.