Captain Freedom

"Watch your step!" I called out as I made a stone bridge, guiding my team to the next building

"It's not our first rodeo with you Oli!" My colleague answered, I could just hear them rolling their eyes.

"I'm sorry for just looking out for you!" I jumped the last bit, to save some energy.

"You act like I'm a baby!" They complained, a step behind me.

"You're younger than me. I can act like you're a baby all I like."

"That's..true.." They replied before stopping dead still, "Hold on.."

I waited, trying to pick up what they were saying when I heard a light tap tap tap of someone walking around us.

"Do you hear that?" They whispered.

Trying to make no sound, I nodded. I unsheathed my dagger. Of course I could just make the roof crumble and the dust surrounding us, but one that puts my teammate in danger and two it makes the noise if its human has a better chance at attacking us. So I result in a dagger.

I heard a swoop of a whip and before I knew it my teammate was upside down and I was bound with tape.

How the hell did they do that? I ask myself.

I heard laughing, A boys voice no doubt. The boy walked up, and patted a-he patted nothing. He patted the air but yet his hand met a stop.

"I cannot BELIEVE it was that easy!" He wheezed.

"Can you shut up, Ash? This is supposed to be a secret mission. You ruined it with all your fancy whip movements and crap!" Another person snapped, I couldn't see them.

"But they look so stupid! And I was told they are the best of their Paladin group...what even is a paladin?" He kept laughing.

"It means hero, dimwit. Now let's get on with the show!" The mysterious voice said, and right before my eyes a girl with bright purple hair in a pixie cut, except for the hair in front of her ears. Appeared in front of me.

"I've been dying to test out how good Captain Freedom and her posse really is." The girl snickered before putting a dagger to my friend's throat. "What are you going to do if I kill her right now?"
"Tear you and your friend," I nod my head in the other persons direction, "Into bits and pieces"

The guy smiled, "And I thought you were all puppies and unicorns."

I glared at him. My friend struggling to untie the bond

"Put me down!" They screamed.

"Manipulator, did you bring tape?" The girl said.

The guy checks his pack and shakes his head "No sorry" The girl just rolled her eyes.

I looked around and saw a river was nearby, I used some will and made a wave rise from it, trying to be as subtle as possible.

The girl was taunting my friend when all of the sudden, the wave dropped. I never told it to drop.

My friend shook their head, "Not yet." I sighed, "I tried ok? It's not like I couldn't do this.." I willed a chunk of rock under me to rise, lucky it did.

The guy was shocked, "Why didn't you tell me she could do this??"

The girl looked at him, "You think I knew?"

The guys nodded.

I looked at the whip that bound my friend, it looked like metal..I never tried to mess with metal so I willed it to let them go. And in a matter of seconds it started to rain, and I heard a thump.

Storm was on the roof..they didn't look like in any danger, the two troubles were nowhere to be found. I think they might have been startled and thought for the worse.

I made the rock land...making sure not to hit Storm, and looked for my dagger, it was on the floor next to them.

"This is gross.." I leaned over and bit the handle of my dagger, it was now in my mouth. I turned my head and spit it out, thankfully I caught it in my hand. I broke the tape bonds and picked up Storm.

"This is what you get for using your ability and tiring yourself out" I walked us back to headquarters.