thirtytwo

"I don't trust Baek Kyung so tell me, did I hurt you, did Danoh hurt you?" Haru had found Jeongha admiring the garden, as one did when they were emotionally distressed.

Jeongha's eyes widened at Haru's, mostly true, claim. "Haru─" "Just tell me the truth!"

'Kyung!'

One thing Jeongha hated especially with strangers, was confrontation. It wasn't that she was bad, she just didn't like it. Too much work, but with her new personality, things changed. Now she was just scared of confrontation.

"It's in the past so forget it." Jeongha tried smoothening it out, not wanting for this to stretch any longer. "So we did hurt you." He stepped away, his eyes glossy.

He left.

"Scared. He's scared, I think that's the first time I've seen Haru speechless." Kyung commented, stepping up behind Jeongha.

"That wasn't funny." Jeongha clenched her jaw, "Haru hurt you I don't care if you think I'm a jerk, I can't stand those two being happy." Kyung shouted, anger clouding his eyes.

"She's your friend." Jeongha held his hand, referring to Danoh. "You've been my friend longer." Kyung held her's instead.

"Don't do anything after this, please!" She begged, her eyes were watery. "W─ you're not going to cry, right?" Kyung held her face, trying to wipe away any tears.

It was one moment that neither Kyung nor Jeongha knew, it was only after a certain stubborn stalker had made her aware, that Jeongha found out.

.

.

.

"Why did you call me?" Jeongha crossed her arms and stepped up to where Hyunsoo was sitting.

"Danoh didn't kill you, well not entirely." Hyunsoo commented, "Sure she did leave you bleeding with a wound but─"

He stopped, he stepped up and hugged Jeongha, she didn't stop him. "I came by, I was your apprentice of sorts. I came by that night and I saw you and you told me to call Kyung, I didn't. I didn't do anything, I just left." He continued the hug even when Jeongha's body tensed up.

"I could have saved you, next thing I know your death is in the actual comic. Someone mysterious kills you and Kyung blames Haru and Danoh and then he kills Danoh.

"I could have saved you and I didn't because I hated how happy you two were." He stepped away.

"It was my fault so don't mess up the story. Don't mess up things, I want you to be happy. Even if it's with Kyung."

.

.

.

Jeongha never saw him after that. Jeongha told Kyung all of it. Every single bit of it.

Kyung of course got angry but Jeongha stopped him, "I don't know where he is, he's probably never going to come back. So don't waste your energy and don't keep messing with Haru." She looked him in the eyes.

"Fine, I won't do anything stupid then." Kyung looked away and that was all the confirmation she needed.

Jeongha could finally be at peace. Things were finally happening the way she wanted them to happen, once she cleared things with Haru everything would be done.

Or so she thought.

.

.

.

"Hyunsoo!" Jeongha whispered out for the boy by the gate, she was spitting out blood.

Her wound could be healed. "Call Kyung." She didn't have the energy to form sentences.

"Kyung?" Hyunsoo stepped forward. "You should be begging me to help you, not asking for that arrogant prick." Hyunsoo shouted at her.

Her breath was uneven, she would be dead soon. When no reply came from her, Hyunsoo just got up and left.

"He'll probably come for you soon. So just wait."

If Hyunsoo had stayed she could have lived, he knew that.

But he didn't care. "If she can't he mine, then she can be no one's."

.

.

.

Jeongha was simply walking to class when she saw Juda spray Samjin in the face. Jeongha's eyes widened, for the first time Juda stood up to her bullies.

Juda was walking out when Jeongha stopped her. "Juda, you know I'm always rooting for you right! Fighting!" She held out her fist for Juda to bump her's against.

"You're the only friend I have besides Dohwa, don't leave me okay." Juda bumped her fist into Jeongha's.

Jeongha continued her path to class, Samjin, Iljin and Saemi were in shock.

"I guess I don't need to do anything now, Juda can take care of herself." Jeongha smirked, infuriating Saemi even more.

"Do you think you're everything because you're richer than us and friends with A3, you're just a lonely bitc─"

"I dare you, say what you said again. Fair warning, you won't have working legs if you do say it." Jeongha threateningly kicked Saemi's knee making the girl fall.

Ballet had certainly made Jeongha's legs strong.

Saemi could only glare, what else could she do against someone as scary and Jeongha. Even with her changing personality she retained her aura.

"Thats what I thought."

.

.

.

Jeongha had thankfully found Haru all alone on the  Bridge of Contemplation. "Don't run away treetop, I swear to god!" Jeongha warned him even before reaching him, Haru's eyes widened but he remembered her warning and stopped his effort to run away.

Jeongha had that effect.

"Danoh didn't kill me." Jeongha began, "The girl can't kill a bug without running away you think she could stab me." Jeongha laughed.

"She stabbed me very lightly, it was someone else responsible for my death, you don't have to feel guilty." Jeongha patted his back, Haru seemed much at ease.

"I know, Danoh and I don't get along, I think you two are being selfish trying to change the story but who wouldn't be. Maybe in a different setting we could have been close, even friends. But this isn't the story for it."

Jeongha had turned around, ready to leave.

Haru just smiled, until he looked up and noticed something peculiar.

'Is she?'