𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 : 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚕

Start from the beginning

Mercy waved her hand back for the last time before igniting the engine. It only took an hour for her to arrive at Camden Town, as usual, the streets were busy and filled up with Londoners either working their asses off or relaxing for the day. Noah was already waiting outside their house when the car came to halt at Bayham street, the young Jewish's face lit up as soon as he noticed that Mercy really came for his mother. 

"Ms. de Silva!" he greeted, rushing to open the door for her, Mercy greeted him back and let herself be ushered to the Blaus' simple abode. His mother was sitting in the living room, a white handkerchief in her hand, "Shalom, Mrs. Blau," Mercy approached the woman with a gentle smile and bobbed her head a little. 

The health analysis was wrapped up like a bullet out of a gun, Noah's mother was getting healthy these past few weeks, and her cough was improving. As a present, Mrs. Blau gave Mercy a basket of sufganiyot, a Jewish doughnut filled with jelly. She was sure that Sol and Karl would've enjoyed these sweet treats. She planned on visiting the distillery to see Alfie and ask him for a lunch, even if it was Sunday, Alfie Solomons strongly believed that there was no rest for the wicked, and most of the employees still worked for the extra pay.

When she stepped inside the distillery, it was eerily quiet—Ollie was nowhere to be found, and only a few of the workers were present. She had never spoken to these men before, so the only thing she could offer them was a small smile. Mercy took off her heels, holding them in her hand, and walked barefoot down the hall, knowing Alfie would recognize her footsteps. She wanted to surprise him because it had been weeks since the last time they had seen each other. 

But it wasn't Alfie who was taken aback by Mercy's visit, it was her. 

And Thomas Shelby.

"What the fuck is going on, Alfie? Put down the fucking gun!" In shock, she raised her voice and dropped her heels as she noticed the revolver pointing directly at Thomas' head. The blinder jerked his head in her direction, gawking in disbelief and confusion as if waiting for Mercy to explain why she was in this distillery and how she knew the Jewish gangster.

"Oops, pardon me, yeah?" Alfie shrugged his shoulders and lowered the gun, a mischievous grin on his lips. Alfie was aware that Thomas still didn't know that Mercy and he were friends, and he was quite thrilled to see how things unfold right before his eyes. 

"Why are you here?" Thomas asked, rising to his feet but Mercy ignored his question and walked towards him, "What happened to you?" she returned back the question, a sudden wave of coldness taking over her as she took notice of how beaten and battered Thomas' face was. His right eye looked like it was bleeding from the inside because of the broken blood vessel, her hand reached out to him and wiped the blood trickling down from his nose.

"—What happened to you, Thomas? Who did...this?" her voice came out in a whisper, almost stammering in words that wouldn't come out of her throat. Thomas inhaled sharply, "Answer my question, Mercedes. Why are you here and how the fuck do you know that man?" his left hand grabbed her arm with ruthless pressure, eliciting a small gasp from her.

"Oi, loosen that fuckin grip, mate. I can still shoot yer fuckin skull with one eye closed," Alfie spoke from their background, cocking his revolver for the second time. Mercy glared at Alfie but the corners of his mouth just curled up, Thomas sighed and let her arm go. "You and I will talk once we're done discussing business. Wait for me outside," he spoke calmly with the authority of a man who was not to be defied—his steely and frigid cerulean orbs boring into her eyes and his lips narrowing with disdain.

Thomas opened the door for her, Mercy locked gazes with him and moistened her dry lower lip, "Go on," he added, prompting her to leave the office. She blinked excessively, feeling the sudden stab of angst in her gut. Mercy turned on her heel without looking at Alfie and left the distillery 

Gone was the smile on the Jewish gangster's face, he now looked like a lion poised to maul and tear his prey into shreds. He stared at Thomas with unforgiving judgment, "Ya best be careful, mate. Now, let's hear yer plan 'fore I change me fuckin mind and just blow yer brains out." 

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

a/n : lmfao pls i do be makin the most tacky chapter titles likw what the fuck is that ??/ steel??? lmao miss gurl u gotta do better. anyways alfie is so hot he can push me and shove his 6 inch nail inside me sorry not sorry 

 anyways alfie is so hot he can push me and shove his 6 inch nail inside me sorry not sorry