The Hand of Fate

CHAPTER 2

Khalen was slowly following her scent up the stairs when he heard the scream that pierced his heart like a dagger, using his supierior strenght his leaped from the 2 floor all the way to the sixth where her scent was the strongest and was at her door in the blink of an eye, he smelled the unknown lycan sent in the apartment and knew that the owner of the scent was in there and was hurting his mate. His vision became hazy as the beast leapt to the surface and took over, while he knew what was going on while in this form he was more primal, more animal than man.

Heath had Hope pinned on the floor and was forcing her legs open and was reaching between them to open his pants when they heard a animalistic roar and the door smashed open. Hope looked over and screamed when she saw the huge black creature race into the room, it's narrowed red gaze quickly took in her naked form and Heath crouched over her....it let out another roar and stalked forward.

Heath swore loudly and stood pulling off his shirt, he gasped like he was in pain and then his muscle strcture began to change. He became taller and wider and while the other being was taller Heath easily out weighed it by 50 or 60 pounds. Red fur covered his body and Hope saw that his jeans were shredded and the creature who was once Heath was naked, same with the dark one.

Heath smiled cruelly and showed his fangs and flexed his claws and motioned for the dark one to come and get him, the dark one returned the smile with one that was even colder and leapt forward. Heath met him halfway and the sound of their bodies colliding was like thunder, all Hope saw was razor sharp claws flying as they tore at each other and growls like two dogs fighting.

Khalen knew only rage, this creature thought to violate his mate. Had touched her causing her silky soft skin to be bruised and marked. This womans naked body should only be touched and seen by his eyes and hands.

"You dare touch my mate, you die slowly" the dark haired beast said and Hope gasped.

"Your mate is she, well I do not scent your mark on her" Heath said his voice garbeld by his huge teeth and long muzzle. "Since you have not claimed her then she is fair game, and I intened to enjoy her long and hard and I may even leave some left for you when I'm done"

That caused the black ones eyes to go completley red and without another sound he lept at Heath, swiping his claws across Heaths face causing blood to splash the walls almost hitting Hope. Heath howled in pain and fury as he tried to protect what was left of his face from the black beasts claws.

Hope gasped at the ferocity in which the black one fought what was once Heath, her mind still shocked over the mate comment.

Suddenly as if a fog was lifted she realized that she should run out of the apartment while the beasts were fighting each other, she looked around carefully trying to find a weapon and spotted the silver letter opener she kept on her desk laying on the floor in the corner.

Slowly trying not to draw attention she pulled the robe back over her shoulders and got on her stomach and began a slow sniper crawl towards the letter opener, she was to busy watching the creatures fighting that she never noticed the broken glass for a picture frame on the floor and she cried out as the glass cut into her side deeply.

At the sound of Hope's cry Khalen was distracted and saw red when he noticed the blood on her side, she had been hurt and it sent a fury through his wolf that he had never known before, but while he watched Hope Heath took advantage and leapt for his throat, only supernatural speed kept him from getting his throat torn out, but it didn't stop Heath from latching onto his shoulder.

Large canine teeth sank through skin and muscle and lodged into bone.