CIII - The Mistletoe

Start from the beginning

"All those poor elves I haven't set free yet, having to stay here over Christmas because there aren't enough hats!"

Astra had half the mind to tell her that none of the elves were being freed (Dobby had actually taken everything she made), but she was busy enough herself.

She had taken to rewatching the vision- trying to get some sort of clue as to what would happen (or who would die- though she didn't want to think so grimly), and spent most of her free time in the library with Luna, who once again scoured the Ravenclaw library for more information. The Order had relatively small action now that the main missions were over (she decided not to bring up Grawp- she didn't know how they would react), and she had to avoid sending letters with the strict measures that Umbridge and the ministry were taking, rather giving information to Minnie during their weekly tea meetings. She had also (as if she needed more on her plate) attended the Quidditch tryouts like promised. With the DA and her regular schoolwork, that was more than enough to keep her busy.

Nonetheless, the holidays were soon arriving, where they would stop the DA meetings (as most students would spend time with their families). Hermione was going skiing with her parents, something that greatly amused Ron, who had never heard of Muggles strapping narrow strips of wood on to their feet to slide down mountains. Ron and Harry were going to be spending their time at the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley had invited her as well, and Luna had even said that her father was welcome to her visiting (the Quibbler had never been so successful as it was now that Astra was helping them), but Astra declined both of them. Sure, it would be great to actually spend time around people, but with the Lovegoods not being a part of the Order and the Weasleys always bustling around (and Harry being there as well), it would just be too hard to actually get things done.

She didn't have any exact plans of whether they were going to Grimmauld Place or Hogwarts- though she missed Sirius more with every passing day. She didn't know whether it was the gut feeling of dread in her stomach or just finally having him in her life again that made her want to be in his presence, but she ignored it. There were more important things to focus on. 

Astra walked into the Room of Requirement for the last DA meeting before the holidays with Luna, and scanned the room with a raised eyebrow. There were a few random Christmas decorations- almost all of them with pictures of Harry's face on them. Harry himself whipped his head around, promptly flushing when he saw her.

"Hello," Luna said vaguely, looking around at what remained of the decorations. "These are nice, did you put them up?"

"No," said Harry quickly, "it was Dobby the house-elf."

Astra snorted and muttered under her breath, "Should've known. A big fan of yours, isn't he?"

Harry didn't seem to be able to say anything, only nodding as Astra stepped forward to help him put the last box away. His face was nearly as red as some of Astra's hair.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry and Astra's head. He jumped up. Astra chuckled. Before he could do anything or stutter out a response, Astra gave him a peck on the cheek and turned around to shove the box she was holding behind one of the bean bags.

She chuckled at where Harry was standing, frozen. "You should probably move- mistletoe's usually infected with Nargles."

"Nargles?" Harry said faintly, still in a daze.

Luna nodded seriously, now standing next to Astra, who only chuckled again. She wasn't able to explain, though, as Angelina, Katie, and Alicia arrived, all three of them breathless from the cold.

"Well," said Angelina dully, pulling off her cloak and throwing it into a corner, "we've finally replaced you."

Harry shook his head and focused on the others, "Replaced me?" he said blankly.