ghost

"dude you should've came here instead of y/n." you and mika watched as suguru talked to atsumu who was still on the phone even though you guys were at the hospital.

"how about you go back to hyogo instead of me?" you offered.

"no." atsumu said and looked up from the rubix cube he was trying to solve.

"i thought we had something special." suguru wiped a fake tear from under his eye.

"okay, i think that's enough bonding. give him back to y/n." mika wrapped her arms around one of suguru's and took the phone out of his hand.

"are we switching back already?" you asked when she handed it back to you.

"don't sound so sad." atsumu said and started staring at you again.

"do you even know how to solve those?" you looked down at him while walking into the elevator.

"I'm trying." atsumu looked back down at the cube and started to move it around some more.

"clearly not hard enough."

atsumu looked until the camera and stuck his middle finger up. "i'm kidding. you're doing absolutely great sweetie!"

"i think i preferred the insult." he said.

"so you're saying you like to be insulted."

"no, not what i meant. not what i meant at all." he quickly fixed up his error. "just that one sentence sounded like my mom when we were younger."

"you're doing great sweetie! keep it up! you got this!" you heard osamu trying to impersonate their mother in the background.

atsumu threw the cube backwards and it hit osamu on his head. "y/n your boyfriend's a bully!"

you watched as osamu threw the cube back and atsumu dodged it, causing it to hit the screen. you were expecting the phone to be picked up, but then realized it was the miya twins you were talking about.

you walked into your grandma's room while sticking your phone into your front pocket, leaving the camera sticking out.

"took you long enough." suguru said from where he was sitting.

"shut it. if the roles were reversed and this were you and mika you would be on the phone all day." you said and slapped his back.

"where am i looking from..?" atsumu asked looking at the new angle.

"your in her pocket." suguru answered.

"pov you're y/n's pus-"

"miya atsumu, i dare you to finish that sentence." you grabbed your phone and looked at him.

"I'll pass." atsumu smiled sweetly.

"smart kid." suguru mumbled and wrapped his arm around the top of mika's chair.

"how's grams?" atsumu asked and rubbed the spot under his jaw.

"how are you grams?" you looked up and asked.

"I'm great. don't know why they put me here and you away from your boyfriend." she answered and waved at atsumu.

"i know right." atsumu agreed. "complete disgrace."

"is she the one who got you two together or..?" mika asked in curiosity.

"she always knew we were meant for each other from the beginning." atsumu began to explain.

"the second she came home saying she was fake dating one of the miya twins i knew." you grandma cut in. "and then when i saw them together for the first time i was sold. their silly fake dating plan wouldn't last long."

"you should've seen the way i asked her to be my girlfriend." atsumu bought up.

"it was embarrassing."

"i bet it was hilarious." suguru said.

"suna still has the video. i can send it to you." you were already texting suna about that video.

suguru saw what you were doing and took your phone out. "nope. i want to see it. it'll be your rent fee for however long you spend time here." he said and held out an arm, keeping you away from his phone.

"she look horrified." atsumu said, remembering what you looked like when you realized what was going on. suna had already sent the video by the time atsumu said that.

"she does." suguru nodded and zoomed in on your expression.

"like a ghost." atsumu watched as you leaned in and slapped suguru's hand away.

"don't zoom in." you said and tried to get your phone back.

"who's that?" mika asked and pointed to walmart chris hemsworth.

"i forgot about him!" you gasped and leaned down to look. "wonder how he's doing."

"who?" atsumu asked immediately.

"this long haired dude." suguru answered and zoomed in on the face. "his hair looks greasy."

"oh, the surfer dude." atsumu figured out. "i think the last time i saw him he was trying to ask out another girl."

"how pathetic." suguru scoffed. "does he just go around the school trying to get a girl?"

"pretty much." you and atsumu both answered at the same time.

"how weird." mika commented and leaned against suguru.

"ah shit." atsumu turned his head to the side and frowned. osamu said something that was muffled through the closed door.

"you have to go?" you asked when suguru handed you your phone back. you walked out of the room to give yourselves a little privacy.

"i forgot we have practice today." he said and stood up.

"when does volleyball season end?" you asked.

"this week." he answered and tugged his shirt off. he had placed his phone on the desk that gave you the perfect view of his body.

he grabbed another shirt and put it on. "then the third years graduate and then we're gonna be the new third years." atsumu seemed to be in disbelief at that fact. "but you're coming back so it's better."

"could you hurry the fuck up?" osamu shouted.

"calm the fuck down!" atsumu shouted back and grabbed his kneepads. "talk to you later." he picked up his phone and opened his backpack.

"talk to you later." you repeated and waited a second longer before hanging up.

atsumu watched as the call ended and stared at his home screen which he changed to the first picture you two took together.

he stared at the picture longer than usual until osamu knocked on the door one more time.

"you look a little pale." osamu commented when atsumu came out of the room.

"I'm good."

he walked out of the house with a new realization in his mind.

he was completely in love with you