Intoxicating Moments

Start from the beginning

"Inside of you looms a simmering storm of hatred and rage. But perhaps what I'm actually sensing is sadness. It's as if you've never once been loved by anyone. It's as if you're just like me."

Memories of this headstrong girl, throwing herself between him and the assassin's almost killing blow, had been tucked into the back of his mind. Along with the cold upsetting rage of watching Sara die at his hands.
Mugen's hand loosened, adjusting to rest on Fuu's collarbone. Feeling the thump of her heart under his palm, he slowly leaned over, gently placing his forehead on hers.
Her heartbeat raced as her finger danced up the side of his prickly face brushing into his hair.
"Mugen.." she whispered feeling his warm breath on her face.
"I can't take this shit." He murmured as his dark eyes closed. Hearing his name said so sweetly sent a chill through him. Removing his hand from her heaving chest Mugen got to his feet and swiftly made his way outside.
She laid there for a moment stunned by his reaction. Before she could fully think about what she was doing, she was fixing her kimono, running out the door after him.
"H-hey! What's your deal Mugen?!" she yelled out snatching onto the back end of his shirt.
"My deal?! What about yours? Are you messin' with me? Your little brain is filled to the brim with sake, it's making it hard for you to think!" He shouted turning towards her.
With watering eyes, Fuu tugged harder at his shirt "Are you an idiot? Are my signals not strong enough to get through that thick skull of yours?!" her voice shuttered as she exhaled.
Mugen stood there silent for a moment studying her face, looking at the reflection of the moon's light in her eyes. His mind was a buzz with her words but a tugging feeling in his gut held him back. "Look girlie, I'm not here to be your drunken mistake that you end up regretting. You wouldn't look at me with those doe eyes for a second if you were sober..so I'm out of here till you can get your mind back to normal. " the stubborn man snapped.
With furl brows Fuu pushed Mugen into the support beam of the awning over the walkway. "Listen here mister morals!"She stumbled against him keeping eye contact. "Even when my mind is 'normal' I still finding myself looking for you or thinking about you." her eyes stayed serious as she grasped the neck of his white sleeveless shirt. "I use to think it was because of how much you annoy me. But the more I watched you run off after women with lust in your eyes, I felt this endless clench in my throat that would spread to my chest. I can't make these feelings stop. I can't help it..."
Before he could proses what she was saying the girl pushed up on her toes yanking his collar towards herself. Soft lips pressed against his. The warmth of her mouth begging for him to consume her made his head blank out for a moment. His hands raised to his sides before he gave in. Grasping at her shoulders, adjusting himself, he pulled her light body into his chest. Pushing off the post, almost lifting her feet from the ground, he stepped forward shifting the control to him.
The sake taste of his lips was intoxicating on their own. Releasing the shirt her arms slid up around his neck. Feeling his big hands wander over her back as his body pushes against hers made her whole being as warm as her face. As his tongue slipped through her lips her eyes became alert. Fuu had never kissed like this before. Only small peck to childhood crushes. Feeling his experience made her heart thump with excitement as his hands reached grasping her hips. The blush on her cheeks intensified making her head burn as her eyes narrowed offering her tongue to his.
The wild-haired man's desire began to boil as he felt her give in to him. A grunt slipped feeling her slick tongue encourage him. He slowly pulled away looking from her kiss swollen lips to her longing eyes. Mugen's callous hands went from her hips to cup her pale face as he pulled his mind together.
"Mugen..p-please...I wanna kiss you more." Fuu said in a soft whimper. Her mind began to go white as she clung to him trying to keep her focus between his eyes and lips. Her legs were like jelly mostly holding herself up by his neck.
"I'm going to regret this in the morning... I know am... We need to go back to the room." Mugen groaned placing his hands on her arms putting her back on her feet. Watching her stumble in place he let out a frustrated sigh. In one motion he lifted her into his arms. Without another word, Mugen walked into their room where Jin was still passed out. Squatting down he placed the girl's small frame onto a premade futon. "You need to get some sleep." He said looking threw half-lidded eyes.
The moments between being tasting Mugen's fiery kisses and laying down on the futon were blank in her mind. Seeing him over her with that look sent pain through her heart. As he shifted to stand she reached out grabbing onto his arm. "P-please don't go... Stay with me." Her voice was almost a whisper as she tugged at him weakly towards the futon. Fuu's grip slightly clenched looking over his face.
Truthfully he didn't want to restrain himself. Seeing her in front of him made it harder not to lose all control and devour her leaving his mark and scent throughout every fiber of her being. A small nagging fear kept him in its grasp making his mind reconsider his basic instinct. "Damn it... Fine..." he growled flopping down on his side next to her propping his head on his hand supported by his elbow. "But we are going to sleep..."
Fuu looked him over sliding into him lacing her arms through the triangle opening of his supporting arm and over the other side of his neck. Planting small kisses up his collarbone to his neck, she could feel his blood rushing under her lips warming them with each pump.
Mugen reached over with his free arm pulling out her hair sticks one by one letting the strands fall free under his nose. Her sweet smell mixed with the small impact of each kiss threatened to fog his mind. He looked down at her tossing the hair sticks to the side as their eyes connected.
Fuu lifted her jaw to his, planting a delicate unsure peck on his bottom lip.
Mugen's free hand found itself running through her hair, as he leaned in closer, holding her lips to his for a moment longer. They slowly broke the kiss pulling back without words.
Her head nestled down in the space between his arm and his chest. The mix of the alcohol and his scent relaxed her mind enough to fall asleep. Her arms went limp retreating to the space between them, feebly grasping at his shirt to make sure he didn't leave.
Watching her chest softly rise and fall as she slept lulled his tired mind to sleep soon after her.

—————————————

Day brake began to creep in as the outside creatures began to wake. Jin's head throbbed as he made it to his feet completely out of it. The hungover samurai left the room to make his way to the public bathhouse to freshen up before they would have to continue their journey.

Mugen hadn't moved all night keeping his back to the door as he listened to Jin leave. Hearing the door close he leaned a bit to peak over his shoulder.
A small lazy hand lifted touching his face turning his attention back to the half-sleeping girl next to him. "M-Mugen.." a faint breath escaped her lips as her eyes stayed closed.
He let out a huff before adjusting himself to a more comfortable position. Wrapping his arms around her, he held her close to his chest feeling her give in to him. Feeling the warmth of her body snuggle on him, their breath sank together as they fell back asleep.