Chapter one: Love at first sight

This was it. The first day of Hoshi's cooking classes! They were so excited about gaining confidence in the kitchen and learning many new important skills.
They glanced at the mirror, their two-shaped body looked more refined and tensed by the nervousness they felt. Their dream was nothing more than learning culinary arts and gaining the talent and skill of cooking by methods and maybe even creating their own recipes one day. Little did they know though, that something else was going to be added to that wishlist, a desire and a passion, and it wasn't necessarily for food, but they'd still be up for a bite of it.

With all their utensils packed and a large and nervous smile, they get out of their house(?) and headed directly to the culinary school, which was not so far from their house.

They waited for a while, the teacher said that he would be late, and in the mean time they got to know some of their classmates, one of them being a sock, what is a sock doing here? It didn't really matter to them, since they instantly started talking about their shared love for pancakes. After a while they stopped talking, and instead sat down on some benches near the entrance of the classroom, they were awkwardly sitting down until hoshi heard an odd clank noise, they turned their head and saw face to face a nice and shiny microwave. It's metal was so absurdly clean and its buttons seemed so refined, and as much as they tried avoiding it, they couldn't help but see its neatly placed and organized cables. It was truly an unbelievable sight, one that made hoshi completely flabbergasted, they could feel their blood rush up to their green two body, it was a feeling so strange it couldn't be compared to anything that they've ever felt before.
As cliché as it felt, hoshi walked slowly at the microwave that was visibly panicked and waved, it seemed more relaxed now.

—"Hey, do you need any help? You seem lost"
"BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBVVBBBBBDBBBVVVBVVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBVVVVVBBVVBBBBBBBBB"

Hoshi slightly giggled at the tone of voice of the microwave, it seemed sweet and almost calming.

—"Oh, classroom 4 is right here! Though the teacher hasn't arrived yet"
"BBBBRBBBEBEBBEBBRBRBDBSBBBCBBBBBBBBBBBVVVBVVVVVVVBBBBBBBBVBBBBZBBBBBXBBBBBZZZZZVBBBBBBBBBBBBB"
—"O-Oh, the bench? Of course you can sit with us! We can talk if you want"

Hoshi seemed shy and almost quiet to the microwave at first, but soon they started talking nonstop. It felt like hours but also seconds for them both, they talked about random things like their passion for cooking or told stories about their life, it felt so natural, like they'd known eachother for a while. The sock was asleep bc they only got 30 minutes of rest at home. Sock please sleep

In the middle of the laughter, gordon ramsey popped out of the ceiling and landed face first onto the ground, this being a sign of the lessons starting, Hoshi, the microwave and sock plus the other students all got up and headed to the classroom.
The class was certainly interesting, of course it wasn't a super complicated and cool class with high level recipes, but it was still enjoyable nonetheless. Microwave and Hoshi partnered up in the class and got to know eachother a little more.
After a while of hard work and fun gordon ramsey floated up ti the ceiling once more, and it was Hoshi's cue to leave. They said their goodbyes to the microwave, but as soon as hoshi stepped outside, a ferocious rain started pouring from the sky. The clouds started lumping together and you could see the sky getting darker. Hoshi looked back and noticed the microwave panicking and asking for assistance. Hoshi ran up to them and tried to calm them down.

—"Hey?! Is everything alright?"
"BBVDVSVVABEJSBDBSNSHSJZBBBBBBBBBVVZZZZVVZVZVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZBBBBBSBSBZBZBZB...!!!"

The microwave's voice was all ovwr the place as they begged Hoshi for help

—"Oh- you can't touch the rain? Well, do you want me to help you get home?"
"BBBBXBBBBBBBBBBDBBZBZBBBBBBBB... BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB... BBBDBBFBBBDBBXBBZBZBBBBZBDBBZBBBB...?"

This confession broke Hoshi's heart, they just met that day, but hoshi definitely offered to let the microwave stay, losing your parents can be awful and they didn't want it to be afraid and alone during the storm. They carefully carried the microwave and tried protecting it from the raindrops as they ran towards their house. When they arrived, hoshi slowly placed the microwave on their couch and looked quickly for a blanket to keep them warm. As soon as they came back they saw the microwave almost shaking, they seemed terrified of the rain, and it made hoshi feel incredibly bad, so they cuddled up to it and stayed by its side to show that they were completely peaceful and didn't mean any harm. These efforts made the microwave calm down and relax next to hoshi and light up. The sight of seeing it light up and calm down made hoshi feel weird, like nauseous but not in a bad way, they held softly the microwave by keeping a hand around it, they felt a connection to it so deep, but they didn't think anything of it since they didnt know eachother so well, but... the feeling of the warm metal coats wrapped firmly around the microwave touching the tip of their fingers made them feel butterflies, and even though it didn't show, the microwave felt the exact same way. They've felt so lonely for a while and hoshi helped it with something nobody has ever before, the sense of security it got from them was almost fascinating.
Soon enough the storm stopped and both said their goodbyes.
Hoshi couldn't stop thinking about their new friend for the rest of the day, and couldn't wait for their next class.

2 be continued 👹