Chapter 2

Andrea let out a grunt as her body hit the ground, she looked over to the side only to see her sword on the ground a few feet away from her. Her head spun and her heart raced in her ears, she looked up just in time to see Malcolm stalking towards her. She placed her hands against the ground and pushed herself back against the rocks, but he just kept coming closer.

  She felt her back hit something hard and her stomach twisted into knots once he was only one or two feet away.

  "You've been one thorn in my side I'll tell you that." Malcolm spat as he gripped the blade tighter in his hand. He stopped once he was inches away and outstretched the sword so that the tip was only centimeters away from her chest. His dark brown eyes glared down to the bloody girl in front of him and the smallest smile fell upon his lips.

  "I could say the same about you." Andrea muttered as she looked up at him, despite how scared she was she didn't let it show. She kept her head held high and eyes focused right on him.

  Malcolm's smile fell and his lips pressed into a hard line, he took one more step closer and pressed the blade against her chest, he applied some pressure, just enough for the blade to barely pierce the skin.

  "I'm going to enjoy this."

  "Me too." Andrea grabbed a handful of rocks and threw them up at his face, she wrapped her hand around the blade and kicked her foot up between his legs.

  Malcolm brought his free hand up to his face to try and get the sand and dirt mixture from his eyes, but once she kicked him in the groin he let out a grunt and stumbled back, bringing the blade with him.

  Andrea let out a hiss of pain as the blade sliced open her hand, but that didn't stop her from rolling her body to the side and pushing herself up to her feet. She ran over to where her sword sat on the ground only to hear heavy footsteps running after her.

  "Grab her!" Malcolm shouted to his men.

  Before the female could reach the sword she felt her body being dragged back, two of his men had grabbed her by the arms and pulled her back.

  Andrea clenched her jaw and tried to pull herself free of their hold but it was no use, they spun her around to face Malcolm who had this look on his face. If looks could kill. He put his sword back in it's spot on his belt and pulled out a smaller dagger.

  "Hold her still." He told them as he stepped closer, he reached out and grabbed her jaw to make her look up at him.

"You know what happens to people that steal from me?" He asked.

  Andrea didn't answer, instead she bit down on the inside of her cheek and her eyes went from his and down to the dagger in his hand.

  Malcolm brought the blade up to the side of her face and used it to move some hair from her face before bringing it right above her eye. He pressed down onto the skin and slowly dragged it down the side of her face, taking his time with it and just enjoying watching her react to it.

  "They get punished."

  Andrea dug her nails into the palms of her hands and squeezed her eyes shut, she let out a scream as he just continued to drag the blade down.

  "Go to hell!" She spat.

  "You first."

  "Andrea. Andrea!" A voice shouted.

  Andrea shot up from her spot at the desk with a loud gasp, she could feel a hand on her shoulder and she quickly stood to her feet and grabbed onto the person's arm. Without even thinking she spun them around and slammed them up against the nearest wall, she pulled one of her daggers from her belt and brought it up to their throat. Then that's when she realized who it was.