Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

He did seem bigger than an average newborn, but I didn't think he was that big.

"I hope so, cause she short." The nurse laughed as I looked over at Ash, who was dozing off. 

After gathering all the information needed, she left the room telling us that they'll be back in a few hours to do more tests on his vitals.

So as I waited for that to happen I spent most of my time watching him with his grandparents from afar.

But now he was back in my arms. 

"Open up your eyes for me Rome." I cooed talking to the newborn. 

He had obviously opened his eyes before, I just hadn't seen it yet since they were glued shut when I first held him.

As I kept talking to the boy, he eventually started to react to my voice. 

But when he let out a yawn that made him open his eyes I went into complete shock.

He had some of the bluest eyes.

Blue eyes...

Her parents didn't have blue eyes.. She didn't have blue eyes.

My parents didn't have blue eyes... I didn't have blue eyes.

I have no idea where that gene came from. 

I really couldn't deny that he wasn't my kid off of this because we took a DNA test a long time ago. Plus he looks so similar to Stormi as a newborn it's crazy. 

So he was definitely mine. 

But I had to confirm it again before I sign the birth certificate.

___

"Ash," I yelled. "Ash! Come get this boy bruh." I scooted up on the couch, shifting to hold my son between my legs while keeping his neck supported. 

"Why you keep crying Rome?" I whined getting tired.

This boy cries so much.

I love him, of course, but damn.

It got to a point where we took him to the hospital because we were concerned, but they told us multiple times that nothing is wrong with him. 

He is just a lil crybaby.

I wasn't used to this shit. 

Stormi was so chill.

Yea, she cried but it was only if she was hungry or her diaper was dirty.

He just cried all the time no matter what.

"What you do to my baby?" Ashaley said as she came into the living room.

"Nothing at all." I handed my son off to her when she sat down.

"Was mama being mean?" She said in that high pitched voice people made when talking to babies.

I never truly understood why people did that if I'm being honest. They just look and sound crazy.

"It's ok I got you now baby." She placed a kiss on his forehead before doing the only thing that quieted him... Which was pull her boobs out. 

Ash has been staying over for the past month just for us to be together with Roman.

I didn't want to start the, you get these days; I get those days shit already. Especially because she is a new mom. I didn't want her to be going through those long nights alone.

So we settled for her living at my house for the first few months.

It has definitely brought us closer for the best. Since we were at least going to spend the next eighteen years co-parenting.