Chapter 2

Second Period went by very slowly. Not to mention I was also starving because I didn't eat breakfast. I've noticed a couple of popular kids in this class, a girl whose name I think was Addy, and a girl named Ava. I could tell they were the good kind of popular, but there was one girl that definitely was not the good kind. I think her name was Isabella or something like that. She had bleach blonde hair, blue eyes, false lashes, very obvious lip injections, she wore a pair of jeans that were ripped right under her butt cheek, and a tube top. Not to mention her long, red, acrylic nails were basically equivalent to claws.

When second period ended I found Grayson leaning up against the lockers talking to a girl across from my classroom. He looked very irritated by this girl. Her hair was bleach blonde, she had false lashes, long blue acrylic nails, and was wearing red lipstick. Surprise surprise, she seemed to be friends with Isabella. I could tell because Isabella had rushed out in front of me to greet the girl and Grayson, which just seemed to frustrate him even more. When Grayson and I made eye contact, he smiled and excused himself from the two blondies. "Hey, how was calculus?" He asked me.

"Eh, kinda boring," I say with a shrug. "How about you?"

"Uneventful." He laughs a little and smiles.

"So, who were those girls back there? You seemed a little annoyed." I ask blatantly.

"That was Gwen and Isabella." A rather short answer, but at least I got her name right.

"Are you guys friends?"

"Oh HELL no. I had a one-night stand with Isabella a while ago and she's been obsessed with me ever since. She just won't stay away." He tells me with an eye roll.

"Oh." I wasn't sure what else to say. I can't just be like, That's great, or, Good for you. We walked in silence for a couple of seconds until Jayce approached us with his arm around a girl. It was Ava, the girl that was in my Calculus class. They walked up to us with smiles.

"Hey bro, hey Camille." Jayce greets us. "Camille, I don't think you've met my girlfriend yet. Camille, Ava. Ava, Camille." He introduced us with a smile. I smiled at Ava and said it was nice to meet her, and she replied with the same. "So Camille, what's your third period?" Jayce asked with a smile on his face.

"Uhh, let me check real quick." I pulled out my schedule and read, "I have physics with Mr. Kennedy." I look up to see all three of them smiling.

"Yay! We all have the same third period! I think we're starting a project today, so if we do partners, do you wanna be partners Camille?" Ava asks with a huge smile on her face. Ava was nice, I could tell we were gonna be great friends. She had shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes, and she had really good makeup.

"Yeah, sure. What unit are we in for physics?" I was curious because I might have already learned it from another school when I had different foster parents. They all replied that we were starting a new unit today and they didn't know.

"Hey, Cammi?" Grayson asks.

"Yes?" I roll my eyes at the name, but I secretly like it.

"Will you be alright if Jayce and Ava walk you to class? I gotta stop by my locker and take care of something." He and Jayce make eye contact as if they both know what he is talking about."

"We'll take her," Jayce says before I have the chance to ask any questions. When I turn to look back at Grayson, he's already striding down the hallway.

"What was that about?" I ask Jayce and Ava as we walk down the hall to third period, while I keep glancing behind us to see if Grayson is back yet.