#18 {Sleep}

"You know, I'm always so desperate to feel something but when I actually do, I hate it... I hate it so much."

"yeah? Did you hate it when you've loved me?"

"No. Though by feeling something, I mean like a type of nostalgia that keeps haunting me in such a comforting way but still makes me insane."

"Am I perhaps involved in this nostalgia?"

"Do you believe in past lives?"

"You know, this is a conversation that middle schoolers would have."

"Then let's go back, let's re-do the accidents that brought us here."

"Let me wake up.."

"y/n, this movie is bullshit.. " kenma plopped another popcorn in his mouth as y/n takes a sip of her soda. It was past midnight and both roommates still have classes tomorrow yet here they were, watching a romantic film, all huddled up on the sofa.

"shut.. " y/n's hand travelled down the popcorn bin, taking out a handful and eats it one by one while her eyes are still fixated on the movie. kenma seemed to also take an interest in this movie just because of his curiosity on why his idiot likes this stuff. he may also secretly likes it.

Dogs were barking outside and sometimes cars would pass by. It was truly a peaceful evening.. or morning?

"What time is it?" y/n's monotone and raspy voice managed to crack due to having cold soda and chips for skipping dinner. It's been more than an hour since any of them have spoken. It was a silent yet still an enjoyable movie night.

Kenma had gotten his phone out to check the time. "a quarter before two." he yawned.

A collapse was felt on kenma's shoulder though he didn't flinch considering he was too exhausted to. "mhm.." y/n replied in a tired tone.

The movie continued as two pairs of eyes felt heavier by the second. It didn't take long before the clock struck at two am.

"This feels so surreal."

"What is?" kenma bothered to reply back.

"Us staying up on a school night.."

"It's not like it's the first time we stayed up" kenma moved closer, making sure not to disturb y/n's resting head. He passed her a blanket and got rid of the crumbs surrounding them.

"Yeah but it's the first time we slept next to each other." she yawns again, unnoticed that she was beginning to fall asleep.

"hey, kenma" kenma's half awake attention just acknowledged her call.

"wake me up tomorrow.." and that was the last thing she said before falling in a deep slumber. kenma hummed even though he isn't sure if he'll even wake up earlier. he had also fallen asleep.

"Do you trust me?"

"with my life.."

"Then let's go back to the real world."

The television was still on but it will probably not be enough to wake up these two bedheads.

____________________
A/N:

yeah, it's 2 am, i need sleep for speedrunning this chapter. sweet dreams ि०॰͡०ी