Not now, not ever

Start from the beginning

Tomoe only pouted as Fujiwara-san started to drag him again, "Okay that's enough. We're going to be late."

"I expect phone calls or texts everyday if not, I'm going straight here!" Tomoe called out.

"Okay, okay."

"Wait, Haru-chan! I'm still not done-" Tomoe's voice faded out as the door to his apartment closed.

Tobio shook his head fondly at his brother's antics and started touring his new apartment. It was fully furnished and the ceilings are high. At one glance, you can already tell that the furniture and décor were expensive and luxurious. For all its worth, the place looks like came straight out of a lifestyle magazine.

He started to unpack his belongings and was surprised to see that his bedroom's walk-in closet was already full of designer and luxury brand clothes – not that Tobio would wear it much, preferring to stick with sweatpants and simple shirts.

It took some time but Tobio finally finished unpacking and was now sitting in front of the television in the living area munching on a pizza he had ordered. He was currently watching a drama his papa directed and his mama was acting in.

The woman slapped away the hand reaching out to her, "After all you've done? You think I'm just-"

Azusa, the character Tobio's mother was playing took a calming breath and blinked away the tears threatening to fall. Tobio watched as the man in front of her look at Azusa with a heartbroken expression.

"You can't just come back and walk into my life. I have my own path to walk in now, I have friends, I have people who love me. I've waited, waited for a very long time for you to reach your hands out once more but why did it take you so long? Why now?"

His mama really is a great actress, that much is obvious. And Miwa had really outdone herself with the outfit coordination and styling. After every episode that comes out every week, Tobio would see his Twitter and Instagram flooded with people talking about how they liked the outfits for the characters and how good they look. Many clothing brands were also looking to sponsor the clothes every episode in hopes of promoting their brand.

Tobio hummed and looked down when his phone lit up. He looked at it and saw that it was a message from the group chat.

RinRin: @Tobi You're starting school tomorrow, right? I'm excited to have you as an underclassman! See you tomorrow! :D

Rei: We should all have lunch tomorrow together! I'm buying @Tobi milk to celebrate! (˶′ ˶

RinRin: Only milk? So stingy~

Rei: You're not getting any!

RinRin: I just know tomorrow is going to be a good day ( ๑˃̵  ᴗ  ˂̵)و

Tobi: Please don't jinx it.

...

Tobio just knew his friend just jinxed it!

He walked inside the classroom and almost hightailed it out of there when his eyes landed on a certain sleepy teen. Tobio watched the drowsiness leave the other boy's eyes when he realized that it was Tobio who had walked inside the classroom.

Just seeing Kunimi brought back unpleasant memories. He tried to keep his emotions in check and slipped on the mask he was used – got used to wearing. The mask that would hide his feelings and emotions, the mask that concealed the sadness, loneliness, and hurt he felt.

The mask of the KING.

Cold and distant.

Ardent but restrained.

"I'm Kageyama Tobio, hope we'll have a good year together," The raven finished his short introduction and turned to the homeroom teacher as they pointed where he could sit.

And boy does the universe had it out for him today. Tobio tried not to show it but he couldn't help the small wince when the seat the teacher was pointing to was the one beside Kunimi. He walked calmly, looking straight ahead as to not make any eye contact, and sat down.

Tobio noticed that Kunimi looked like he wanted to say something but ignored it. He has no business talking to him nor does Tobio intend to interact with him. They've already made it perfectly clear that they don't want anything to do with him and Tobio intended for it to stay that way. Tobio attending the same school as them would not mean anything to him.

Not now, not ever.

_________________

A/N: I mentioned in the end notes last chapter that this fic also took inspiration with Love Stage by Eiki Eiki and that is the family dynamics going on here, with how his parents is a director and an actress, how Tomoe is a doting brother and his relationship with Haru-chan (the only thing different is the addition of Miwa and Tomoe being a model instead of being band vocalist).

This chapter is a bit short but I just wanted to sort of ease the readers with the idea of Tobio going back to Miyagi, him being KING and a short perspective about the classroom scene hahaha.

Hope you guys enjoyed and see you on the next chapter :D