Chapter 7

7. Beauty All Around Us

"There are chords in the heart

Of the reckless which cannot be

Touched without emotion."

-Edgar Allan Poe

....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... .......

The shouting of your classmates filled the room, everyone arguing due to differing opinions. The teacher watched on calmly, not attempting to interrupt as amusement shone in her eyes. She was as interested in the debate as all the teenagers around her.

This is English class for crying out loud, you thought in annoyance at some of their blatant stupidity.

In reality, you were one of the few people who started the argument.

"Well then," your teacher clapped her hands together, deciding the discussion was enough, and catching all of your attention," Write an essay if you want to push anymore argument points forward, but we should get back to our lesson."

"What, Sensei?" Yukimura Asahi, a boy in your class, shouted," Why do we have to?"

"I thought it would be easier instead of shouting over each other in class," she replied coolly," Unless it's too much? I know you don't want to use your head too much, Yukimura."

"I can use my head alright, that's why I'm saying that aliens don't exist!"

"Say that after you get grades higher than a 'C' at least once, Yuki," one of his friends smirked as the rest of you laughed and the teacher hummed in agreement.

"My, my. I don't think we'll be able to concentrate until we settle this," she sighed when she saw Yukimura make as if to answer back, standing up," Wait for me while I go get something that can help us."

As she went out, most of the boys in your class took this opportunity to leave class for a while as well. Some of the girls followed soon after, and that was when (f/n) came running back, wide-eyed as she stopped in front of your desk.

"(y/n), go get your boyfriend under control," she whisper-yelled frantically, waving her hands about, and you rolled your eyes.

"(f/n), why should Mikey be here? Don't you remember what happened last month? I'm sure he's learned his lesson by now." You grinned," Sheesh, you're being so dramatic and, might I add, an idiot."

"It's true, isn't it, Akihiko?" Her head snapped towards the door where said guy was standing, obvious that he had been dragged here by (f/n) to defend her case, and he piped up.

"Yeah (y/n), he's here."

Once you realized that they were both serious, you jumped up from your seat and ran out of the door, yelling," Which way?!"

(f/n) was right behind you, and Akihiko looked on with a resigned smile as you disappear around the corner. He laughed silently and began making his way towards where you were headed.

 They're both something else, alright...

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆: .。. .。.:*☆: .。. .。.:*☆

Everyone sighed in relief when nothing seemed to happen, glad that the random first year student wasn't going to die after all. They were sure that this would be as wild as things got.

I mean, Toman's President and Vice-President came to their school, beat up the third-years, tried to abduct a student, a girl came and slapped the President which angered the Vice-President, and when the student tried to defend his girlfriend, he got his life threatened.