8 - "This is ridiculous."

Start from the beginning

"I'll see if Kie can drive?" I ask and she nods. I make myself a coffee and head back upstairs, calling Kie. "Hi boo, wanna drive to get our hair done?" I ask and she groans. 

"I can't believe you're buying into this bullshit."

"I'm not buying into it, Kie. We've been over this, I've accepted that I have to do Kook shit. It's part of the last name. I'm annoyed that I'm gonna have to wear a bra and heels for three hours, but think about this, we're gonna take such good pictures together, looking so beautiful, because this is the fanciest we will ever look together!" I say with a smile.

"Until prom." She tries to argue.

"I'm going to be so drunk at prom it won't count." I joke. "And you'll be at my wedding. We'll look good there. Come on, it's Midsummers, we can get drunk." 

"I can get into that." She says and I can practically see her nodding. "Do I have to drive because your car doesn't have a roof?"

"Precisely the reason, Julie suggested you drive." I laugh. "Honk when you're here." I say and blow a kiss into the phone before hanging up. I change into a pair of jean shorts, leaving my big t-shirt on and then put on a pair of Converse. Julie goes to this salon every week, so I might as well put a little effort in because I don't want her to ream me out about potentially embarrassing her.

"Hey!" Kie shouts when I run out of the house when she honks. I was helping Izzy with my crown before I left. 

"Hi!" I shout back, hopping into her Jeep. She goes around the half circle that is my driveway and I wave to my dad, who's mowing the lawn, as we exit. "They're going to have breakfast for us at the salon. Julie told my stylist that I'm a grump in the morning, so I think they got some stuff for us to snack on."

"Oh, sick." She says and after five minutes, we've arrived at Julie's favorite salon. It's called "Blu" and it's classy as fuck. "This is ridiculous." She says when we pull into a spot. 

"Yeah, I'm not excited about it either." I say, looking at the storefront. "I owe you three joints for bringing you here." I say and she laughs. "Let's go." I say with a smile, heading out of the car and linking our arms together when we're on the way in. "Hi, Julie Jordan made appointments for us, Odie and Kie?"

"Odessa and Kiara?" The receptionist asks and I nod. 

"Sorry, we're used to nicknames." I say and she nods with a smile. 

"Dana and Macy, your appointments are here." She says into a walkie talkie. "They'll be right up, help yourself to anything," She motions to the side, and we both look over to see an array of snacks, drinks and even a bucket of ice with champagne sticking out of it. "But I know you're underage, so no drinking." She points at us.

"Got it." I nod and tug Kie over, grabbing a water for myself, and she makes herself an espresso in their Nespresso.

"This shit is fancy." She mutters to me. "I'm gonna want some milk or something in this, right?"

"Probably." I laugh

We're then brought over to chairs and since Kie's hair was freshly washed and still a little damp, her stylist just diffused her curls and then put it in a bun, giving her a floral headband and leaving some face framing pieces out. I get my hair washed and blown, pulling my face framing pieces out of my hair, keeping them in a ponytail, and then curling my long brown locks. 

"Thank you so much." I smile at my girl Macy. "I love it. I never do my hair, thank you so much."

"If you never do it, let's give you a big chop one day." She says and holds her arms out for a hug that I accept. "You look beautiful, Odie," She emphasizes my nickname, because she does Julie's hair every time she comes in, and Julie's adamant about using my full name. "I hope you come back to my chair, your hair is insane."