what is dark academia?

according to google; dark academia is a social media aesthetic and subculture centered around higher education, writing/poetry, the arts, and classic greek and gothic architecture.

the best parts about this aesthetic is the style, learning, and expressing yourself.

this story is all my knowledge i have about this aesthetic for your personal interests.

here are the different types of dark academia;

the classic dark academic:
whose hobbies consist of reading, visiting museums, writing poetry of essays. they have a fascination with different languages, enjoy watching documentaries, thrifts most of their clothes, visits library often, drinks tea or coffee

the scholarly academic:
writes impeccable notes in class, owns leather bound bags crammed with textbooks, pens, and loose parchment. depends on coffee, has a wide sophisticated vocabulary.

the romantic academic:
writes romantic poetry, wears cozy sweaters and pleated skirts, slow dances to old music, curls up with warm cups or tea and a good book.

the musical academic:
always has their earphones with them, loves music concerts, does schoolwork with music on, play either the lira or or violin, at least.

the nature-inspired academic:
is a house plant maniac, their diary consists of pressed plants, is probably a cat lover, vegan, loves tea, study biology with a passion. (Basically Neville Longbottom)

the theater academic:
loves shakespeare, all the time, attends school plays, or is in them, acts, memorizes lines in the stage wing, takes on their characters traits, even outside the theater.

casual academic:
wear jeans, loves studying, reads a lot, probably is a youtuber, into science, loves thrifting, writes essays, good at art.