If you think about it, all of the houses link in some way apart from Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

Slytherin's ambitious which would link with Hufflepuff's hardworking trait, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff both value loyalty, Slytherin and Gryffindor were both founded by male founders, Slytherin has cunning as one of its traits which would link to Ravenclaw's brains, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were founded by women but Ravenclaw and Gryffindor have pretty much nothing in common.

EDIT: I wrote this ages ago but tatapb corrected me in the reviews, saying, 'According to the sortinghatchats, they do. https: //ejadelomax. itch. io /sortinghatchats

The theory is that both Ravenclaw and Gryffindor are ruled by morality, whereas Hufflepuff and Slytherin do stuff because of people. So a Ravenclaw has a logical moral construct, whereas a Gryffindor would be more ruled by their gut but, fundamentally, they both resort to it to function in the world.

So they witness a kid being bullied, a Gryffindor would step in because "justice, yippeee kay-ay", a Ravenclaw would step in because they know in their brains it's "wrong", a Slytherin would step in because they personally know the kid and a Hufflepuff wouldn't even assume it's bullying, they'd just step in to settle a dispute because "benefit of the doubt" or wtv.

In this scenario, both Ravenclaw and Gryffindor are stepping in because they know it's wrong, whereas Slytherin and Hufflepuff are concerned with the specific people involved.'