four. tensions rising

Start from the beginning

"It's about time you returned."

Technoblade turned to face Tommy. He continued to have stare down with him until he had spotted a shiny item in his grasp which quickly piqued his curiosity. "What are you holding?"

The blonde stiffened up on the spot at mentioning of the item he had. 'I forgot to put it in my pocket along with the withered rose damnit.' He mentally cursed under his breath.

"Nothing important." Tommy held it tighter in his hand, the compass that Rexha had specifically handed him. He held it behind his back and chuckled, initiating a playful response. "Interested much?"

"Hand it to me, Tommy." Technoblade had a weird intuition towards the item. It made him ponder how a strange thing ended up being in Tommy's possession. "I just want to see what you got there."

Without a choice, the blonde boy approached the Blade with reluctance and dropped the compass in his gloved hands. Wilbur regarded the object with skepticism as Technoblade held it at eye level in front of him.

He flipped the item over and grasped the gold plating as he thoroughly examined it. Technoblade had only ever seen such item once in his entire life, and it was in a place that he particularly visited during one of his own travels.

"A compass? Where did you get it?" Wilbur irked a brow at Tommy.

"This kind of item, especially with a gold coating like this, is a rarity. There's only one place in particular that is known of it." Technoblade chuckled in amusement. "Exousia. The kingdom of power."

"But, that kingdom burnt down two years ago." Wilbur stated in a matter of factly of manner.

"Who gave you this?"

Technoblade flickered his gaze back at Tommy as he held the compass, his eyes staring intently the red needle that was turning every now and then. Magnet visibly reacting and foretelling a certain someone's direction.

He continued to gaze at the quiet young boy who was refusing to give out any form of answer.

"Tommy, you met her. Didn't you?"

Tommy's pupils dilated in shock, surprising how he knew about her.