You and me, we're never off the table

Hi guys so new one-shot. This is what could have happened in "the one where Joey speaks french." When Rachel said to Ross that they were never off the table. I've always felt like that time they could have been getting back together but it didn't happen. Which I'm very sad about.

"Ross" Rachel said looking at him. "Yess" Ross said wondering what she was about to say. "Just so you know, you and me it's never off the table." She walked away confidently over to her room. Ross stood in the kitchen watching her with his mouth open. He was so shocked and couldn't believe what just happened. He stood there for several minutes as she entered the living room, staring at him.

"Ross. What is happening? Why are you just standing there? You're kinda scaring me Ross." He zoned back in again and looked at her. "Oh sorry. I just had the stare . Okay I'm gonna go. Bye. He walked over to her kissing her on the cheek. He pulled away, looking at her, her cheeks began to turn red. He smiled at her. "Bye, sweetie." "Bye." She whispered. They high fived as he walked out of the apartment.

When he got out of the apartment, he decided to sit down on the one step outside of the door.

On the other side of the door Rachel sat down next to the door. "Uhhh why am I so stupid, I should have said that I love him... because I do but I don't know if he likes me and I'm scared I will get heartbroken." She said silently to herself. "Wait I need to talk to him, I can't hold this in any longer." She realised as she got up.

She opened the front door and the first thing she saw was the love of her life, Ross. He looked up at her smiling.

"Hi," she said sitting down next to him. "Hi." "So um Ross there is something that I, um need to um, talk to you about." Rachel said looking down at her feet.

"What is it Rach?" "Well um recently I've um kinda had feelings for you. Well actually since Emma was born but most recently those feelings have become bigger and bigger for every day Ross and I'm scared you don't feel the same but I just had t-" she was cut off by two hands on her cheeks and the feeling of his soft lips on hers.

She smiled against his lips as their mouths moved in synch. They pulled away breathlessly.

"What just happened?" Rachel said smiling. "This was my way to tell you that I love you too Rachel. I love you and Emma more than anything in the world. I don't want to have to lose you again.

"Ross you won't lose me ever, I love you to much for that. You are stuck with me and Emma." Almost on queue Emma started to cry in her room. "Looks like the boss is calling me, I guess she's hungry." She got up and walked into the apartment. "Ross do you want to stay here tonight?" She said walking into her room to find Emma standing in her crib crying. "Yeah I would love to, to spend some time with my two favourite girls." He walked into the room and sat down on the bed.

Rachel got Emma out of the crib and walked over to the bed and sat against the headboard with Emma on her lap. Ross sat besides them as he watched Rachel try to calm down their one year old daughter. She finally stopped to cry so Rachel sat down breastfeeding Emma. She had stopped breastfeeding the rest of the day but before Emma fell asleep she usually did it.

Ross looked at the two girls he loves more than anything, in amazement. Seeing them bond made him so happy. He got closer to them, stroking Emma's hair. When Emma was done Rachel gave her to Ross so he could put her to sleep so she could shower.

"Goodnight baby girl, daddy loves you more than anything. Well you and your mom. But you have to know your daddy's little girl." He said as he put Emma down in her crib. He exited the room and hopped in the shower with Rachel.

When they were done in the shower they made their way over to Monica and Chandler for a movie night.

"Hi guys. Before we watch the movie, Ross and I have an announcement." Rachel said as she entered the apartment. "Okay what is it?" Monica said wondering what it was. "Okay well here we go, it's
so basically me and Ross are dating again. We realised that we both love each other and that we were stupid to wait this long. So yeah that's that." Ross kissed her head. "Omg I'm so happy for you guys! Ross don't you dare do anything to Rachel or if you do I will kill you, the same with you Rachel, don't do anything to my brother!" Monica said pointing her finger at both of them. "Mon we won't do anything to each other. We love each other.

A/N: that was that one shot. I'm actually pretty proud of it. Please read, review and comment. Please also read my peraltiago book with one shots of Jake and Amy.