Chapter 2

Her back was rigid, her hands clasped behind her back, and her face, void of emotion, staring straight.

A Jedi is serene.

A Jedi is calm.

A Jedi does not get excited.

A Jedi is emotionless.

Her teachings echoed through her head as she waited, beside Krell, for the first gunship to arrive.

They were now standing in their venator class Star destroyer.

The Relentless.

She wasn't sure who picked the name, but, in her opinion, it was unbelievably appropriate for Krell.

As far as she had known, they were the only beings on the ship at this time. Krell had taken the time to inspect every millimeter of the ship, making sure it was in pristine condition and worthy to hold such a Jedi master. While he was doing that, Ahsoka wandered around, relishing in the time she got to spend away from him and exploring the ship.

She had seen the mess hall, just a white room filled with tables. She had been to her quarters. Very plain. And then to the barracks, where the clones would be staying. The command center, the engine room, the inventory.

All just very... plain.

Lifeless even.

At least Master Krell seemed to find the ship satisfactory. If he did not, they wouldn't have been on it, waiting for their battalion to arrive.

She tried to stifle the growing curiosity and excitement on meeting the clones. She had overheard stories of them through the temple. Apparently they were strong warriors, their whole purpose being to serve the Republic and Jedi.

She was slightly uncomfortable with the idea of having an army serve the Jedi (who were supposed to be peacekeepers) but she supposed that sometimes you may need an army to keep the peace.

What a strange contradiction.

"Padawan Tano." Krell's gruff voice echoed. "The ships transporting the clones-" (he said the word as if it was poison in his mouth) "-will be arriving soon. I do not want you to mess this up. Otherwise, there will be consequences."

She hated those consequences. It often meant that she would be stuck doing pull ups for hours. And she hated pull ups.

"Yes, Master." She said level. Master Krell didn't like it when she mumbled.

"I do not want you interacting with the clones while you are off duty." He continued. "That is beneath you. A Jedi cannot waste time on lesser life forms. They do not want to speak with you, and you do not want to speak with them. There is an order to things."

She swallowed thickly. She knew that Krell was very particular when it came to whom was worth his time or not. Ahsoka had busted her back trying to prove to him that she was, and she was just barley starting to make progress. So she would listen.

"Yes, Master."

"Good." He said, satisfied with her.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, and allowed herself to relax just a fraction, but not enough to be noticeable.

If Master Krell did not want her speaking with the clones, she would listen. She would never disobey her master. If the clones were - beneath - her, then she should listen.

It would all make her a better Jedi.

(But right then, a tiny flicker of confusion etched itself into her mind. And the fact that, maybe, he was wrong.)