Expect the unexpected.

I've missed a lot of things while the Walkers started taking over. I've missed school, family, friends, reading. But the one thing that I miss like crazy, and one that I could use right now, my iPod.

It's been ages since I last listened to some good music. Being here in some foreign place where everyone's a stranger (except Daniel, of course.) is just so djhgfefbawryh34tfg3fwejfnbrybg. That's the only way to describe how I'm feeling. I think that maybe sometimes, that gibberish makes more sense then any real words.

Anyways, me and Daniel have both decided that we're going to stay one night here and see how things work out tomorrow. I've been cooped up in one small classroom because the people outside don't seem too thrilled to have us here.

"What's that?" a voice from behind said out loud.

I jumped a little bit, but the noise from the little girls mouth was so innocent, I couldn't be all that scarred.

"It's a, uh, a book." I said quietly, still looking at the small girl.

"Oh. Cool. I'm Snow. Funny name right?" and then the girl, Snow, laughed.

"I like that name Snow."

"What's your name?"

"I'm Joey."

I walked a little bit more closer to her, and a smile spread across her face. I couldn't help but think that someone so young is being exposed to all this insanity.

"Joey is a boys name." Snow stated and giggled.

"I know, my parents were odd people. How old are you Snow?" 

"I'm 6." she said happily and held up six fingers.

Snow sounded a lot older then six, but looked a lot younger. Except her face. Like everyone else, her eyes were so sad and tired.

I heard a slight tapping on the door and then Daniel walked in.

My god Joey, you have it bad.  I thought to myself.

"So, you've met Snow. Now it's time to meet everyone else."

I looked up at him. (oh, so he got even taller now?)

"They are actually willing to meet me? I would have to think I am greatly unworthy of being in their mere presence after the welcome I got this morning." my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Put up or shut up hun." He did that smirking think that made my heart leap, and then Snow grabbed one hand and dragged me out of the classroom.

The best part?

Daniel was holding onto the other.

***

"That's Joey. It's a boys name, but she's a girl." Snow ran into the room and pointed that out to everyone.

"Hi Joey." The small group of people said back glumly.

"Hi..." I whispered.

I starred at the small group. Everyone seemed to ignore me after that, so I just sat and observed. I came to the sudden realization that they were each others family. No matter what, they would always be there for one another. Thinking about that just makes me want it a hell of a lot more.

"Joey dear,  you look like you could use a shower." Suze came up to me and said softly.

"You smell like it too." Daniel said, and punched me in the arm.

"Yea, I think I could. Thank you."

I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him.

"The bathrooms are down the hall, make a right, then another right, and they're right there."

"Thank you." I said to Suze again.

I don't think she knows that I mean it, but I do. I mean, me and Daniel could possibly have been Walkers by now if it weren't for her taking us here.

***

They have

HOT WATER

brb dead.

***

As I'm drying my hair, I heard a noise. It was probably Daniel or Snow or Suze trying to mess with me. But the noise got more consistent and loud. I look to see if there were any windows. And there was. What I saw just about scarred the life out of me.

A Walker was tapping on the glass of the window, moving his hand and edging me closer to him.

They know we're here.

The tapping on the window got so loud and hard that the glass almost shattered. I walked slowly and carefully up to the Walker. He grinned. It was awful.

"I'm here to make you a deal." His smooth as silk voice told me.

"Oh, really?"

"Don't be cheeky. I'm not fucking around."

"Ay, watch your mouth." I scolded him.

He rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration, "The deal is that you-"

"I believe I didn't ask to know what the deal was. Be respectful and wait for me to ask you myself."

I could tell the Walker was very pissed off with my behavior. He broke open the window and made his way inside the showers.

"Dude, the sign says "Girls change room." So please kindly get the hell out."

The Walker was really mad now.  He stormed across the change room in what seemed like one step and held a gun to my head.

"The deal, Joey Parker, is that you and that boyfriend of yours come with me now, or meet up with me in the next five days. We have something for you two."

"Who's we?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

The Walker ignored my question and went on.

"I think you should come with me, that is if you ever want to see your father alive again. Same goes for your little boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend."

The Walker stepped closer, and I could feel the guns barrel on my temple.

"So your not coming with us? I thought the fact that  we have your father would have struck a nerve. Guess not. Any last words?"

"Does your mother know you're a killer?"

The gun loaded as I heard it click.

"That's it? No other comment or snide remark? I expected so much more from a sarcastic little spit fuck like you, Joey Parker."

"Language. Tsk tsk."

"Have fun in hell." The Walker said coldly.

That's it. This was the end of everything. After he kills me, he's going to find Daniel, tell him, kill him, and then kill everyone else. Even little Snow.

"See you there." I spat back.

And then the  unbelievable  happened.