For her to become strong, she should fill herself with warmth, fondness, and appreciation. That was what she was lacking.

I'm quite surprised I survived living my eighteen years being fragile.

And presently she was aiming to be the successor of their family. It was not yet late to complete herself.

She then listed down some of her research on how to become a better person. She searched for quotes that could give her motivation. New Year, a new beginning, better person, better Ashanti Rossault.

The dinner came. Everyone was enjoying, except for Calista who was quietly eating her food. Their father's focus was on Ashanti, asking her questions about her life.

"My assistant told me about the meetings you had with Giovanni Vercetti. All is good, am I right?"

Tumango si Ashanti. Wala namang away na naganap sa kanila ng lalaki. Mas naging mabait pa nga ito sa kaniya.

Speaking of Giovanni, she wondered if he was doing well. They had not talked since the night of Kennedy's debut. She was worried, but this was already common for her. Every time he would ask her to meet him, days and weeks would pass before he could call her again. Maybe he was busy? He was the ghost CEO of Vercetti Corporation after all. That was what she put into her mind.

"Ashanti, clear your schedule for a week. We'll go to Recani on new year's eve."

She paused for a second before smiling and nodding. It's been years since she last met her grandmother Amara. On the day of her debut, her grandmother could not go and see her because of the illness she was battling over the last decade. The teddy bear in her room was the only remembrance left from Amara.

Calista continued to eat. Hindi siya nagaksaya ng laway upang magtanong sa kaniyang ama kung kasama ba siya dahil alam naman na niya ang sagot.

After eating, Ashanti called Trishza. Her friend was aiming to reach her since yesterday. Hindi niya sinasagot ang tawag nito sa kadahilanang kailangan niya ng oras para sa kaniyang sarili.

She set a curve on her lips when the ring ended and heard the voice of Trishza ranting. She let her finish first before talking.

"How are you? We didn't talk for a while."

[It should be me who's asking that question. You should be thankful I'm a patient person, unlike you.]

She laughed. "Kalen and I are now done."

She heard a gasp on the other line. [Oh really? I thought it's him you picked in the end. You did a good job.]

"It's for me, not because the other person is better than the other."

[Atleast you're on the safe spot now. I'm happy for you.]

"Speaking of another person, can I ask for a favor?"

[What is it?]

"Can you ask Noah about Giovanni? I know he's a busy person but he told me to talk with him as soon as possible. Holiday naman ngayon at bukas kaya baka may oras siya. I'm just curious."

[You haven't talked yet? That's weird.]

Doon napakunot ang noo niya. "What do you mean?"