"Mikey, stop spilling bread crumbs everywhere, you'll attract the ants."

"I attract everybody without trying to."

Rolling your eyes, you continued eating some strawberries and enjoying the light breeze that blew your way when Mikey sat up straight and started digging in his pockets.

"I actually have something to give you," he pulled his hands out holding a small box.

Also straightening up, you took the box carefully and opened it to reveal a pair of yin and yang bracelets.

"Do you like them?" 

Your silence as you slipped the black one on answered his question, turning your wrist this way and that to admire them.

"They're beautiful," smiling, you handed him the other one and he slipped it on too. "Happy one year, Jiro."

The air around you had changed, the light and airy feeling a few moments ago gone as you and Mikey seemed to share a silent conversation, then you leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his lips. But unlike other times, you let this one remain there, and Mikey was the one who broke it.

But only for a moment as he whispered your name, almost like a question, and his lips were on yours again as they parted slightly and that was how it began. Your eyelids fluttered close as you wrapped your arms around each other, and you inched closer and closer until your bodies were pressed together, the slight breeze seeming to lead you and Mikey down until you were laying against the tree.

He was warm, His lips were warm and they were also slightly chapped and his hand went up and rested on your hair. He could taste your strawberry chapstick, the one you always used. He had thought about it once, had thought about what your lips and the strawberry chapstick would taste like together, but could not figure it out. But here he was now, and he could taste it, he could feel your soft lips on his, and he loved it. He loved it more than he ever imagined he would.

You slowly broke away as you opened your eyes, gazing into each other's eyes as you savored the moment, the lingering feeling and taste of each other's lips on your own, and Mikey opened his mouth. He opened his mouth to say the words you had always wanted to hear him say.

"I love you, (y/n)."

☆*: .。.  .。.:*☆: .。.  .。.:*☆: .。.  .。.:*☆

The June weather was hot as you studied late into the night, you had tests throughout this week and could not risk getting a low grade in any one of them. You ran your fingers through your hair, sighing as the phone started ringing, and you picked it up to be greeted by Mikey's voice asking if you would be free this week.

"Mikey, I told you that I have to study for the tests. Besides, shouldn't you be studying too?"

"Studying is boring," he said. He would never admit it, but he has missed you badly these past few days. All you talked about was school and study, and he never got to spend time with you anymore. "So, will you be free?"