𝟎𝟏 | 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

♥

Countless thoughts rushed through his head, just like the blood that was surging madly in his veins. He could feel his head throb, his heart beating loudly in his ears, and the abnormally large intake of oxygen.

His eyes darted to his palm, his face pale when the words that were once there were now gone.

"Shoe size..." he mumbled, pressing his palm against his forehead. A morning headache was not something he was used to, especially since he had class soon.

A place where many people trudged, bringing their negative emotions into the hellhole. Their hot breaths always made him feel sick. The sunlight that came through the tall windows never failed to blind him.

"Shit..." he cursed under his breath, glaring at the floor of the train. All his efforts in avoiding shoe stores and ordering his shoes online had gone down the drain.

All because of that one person. That cringe lowlife.

"Soulmate my ass," he pulled his hood over, trying to hide his entire face. Had he not been so shocked at the sudden meeting with his soulmate, he would've vomited right on the spot. To think that the words on his palm were associated with a cheesy pick-up line.

After what seemed like hours, the train finally stops at his destination and he walks out hurriedly, his heart beating rapidly like usual. The voices around him made it harder to breathe.

He was scared of his own kind.

He wanted to laugh at himself.

How could someone be so cowardly?

The negative thoughts swarmed him until a staircase invaded his vision. The stone steps gradually led to the massive entrance of the school building, leaving Xiao breathless. The school itself did not matter to him, but rather the people that went in and out.

There were too many people around him. He felt sick, disgusted, and very much compelled to leave the place at once.

But he couldn't. He had to keep his promise.

He was about to take his first step inside when your surprised voice called out to him from behind. You and your friends were about to enter the building when you saw him standing with his hood tightly intact.

"You!"

"Huh?" Xiao lightly gasped when he saw you again. His brows furrowed a bit, suddenly finding you more blinding and annoying than the sun in the sky.