7. 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑

Start from the beginning

Of course it is.

"I knew it was about him," You sighed, "Is he really the reason you haven't spoke a single word to me all week?" You asked, to which you got no answer. "Look Harry, i'm not sure of the reason as to why it bothers you so much, but if this'll give you peace of mind or something I want you to know that me and him aren't friends, or anything of the sort even. I only hang around him because of Pansy and Blaise."

"Oh," Harry said, "But then what about potions, and the great hall, then of course there was that one night-"

As he brought that up your heart sank, did he know about that? Had he seen you?

"What night?" You asked, playing completely dumb.

He scoffed at that, not buying any of it for a second.

"Come on Y/n don't try to lie to me," He said lowly, locking eyes with you, "What would've been your first night here, up on the top story I heard Malfoy yell at someone, then I heard some girls laughing as everyone ran away, one of them sounded like you and at first I thought I was mental, but then a couple days ago I was making my way to herbology and I heard You, Blaise, Pansy, and Malfoy all laughing about it. You passed right by me and didn't even notice."

You were caught, and there was no getting out of it, I mean you had practically snitched on yourself without even knowing.

But still, you had to defend yourself, "Ok yeah but at first I was just up there with Pansy. Blaise and Malfoy came out of nowhere," You began, "And also, If you're gonna be mad about me sneaking out, you literally can't because you were also doing it."

"I'm mad that you ran from me..." He said, voice trembling a bit.

This was the worst you had ever argued with your brother and you absolutely hated it, you could tell he did too.

"Harry..I only ran because I thought you'd be mad if you saw me, I mean you weren't at the sorting ceremony so you didn't even know I was a Slytherin, then I was up there with Blaise and Malfoy, which would've caused a huge misunderstanding," You sighed, "I mean, not that It already hasn't caused one, but I don't know...I was scared."

You felt your eyes begin to water a bit, trying your best to hold back your tears, not wanting to cry in front of him.

You weren't even really too upset, just frustrated. The whole situation was so confusing, and you felt as if you going to Hogwarts only damaged you and your brothers relationship. Wanting nothing more but for it to go back to how it was.

"There was no reason for you to be scared Y/n," He said much more calmly now, "I would've never mad about you being a Slytherin if that's what you were worried about, and I'm sorry I missed the ceremony I really am, it wasn't my decision." He sighed, not failing to notice how you wouldn't look him in his eyes, knowing this meant you were about to cry, "Look Y/n, It was all a huge misunderstanding ok? I'm so sorry. I can't apologize enough, really I can't. I avoided you all week just because I thought you were friends with Malfoy, which...yeah even if you were, that doesn't give me any reason to act like that. I know that now.."

You could tell he meant every word he said, in the moment he did anyways. You knew that if you were to ever actually be friends with Malfoy that it wouldn't be this easy, but since you weren't it was ok for now.

You didn't say a single word, you just slowly moved closer and pulled him into a hug. Not knowing what else to say really. Knowing you couldn't apologize, because you didn't have anything to apologize for. Knowing you couldn't just say 'it's ok' because it wasn't. Knowing that It would still probably take a while for it to go back to normal. So you thought this was just better, this was the best you could do.