Chapter 15: Reunion

Start from the beginning

As we arrived, I immediately recognized Jade in the crowd of people. I screamed her name and rushed over to her, practically tackling her in a hug.

"Hey!" she laughed, squeezing me.

"Hey yourself! How's everyone?" I asked, pulling away and squeezing her hand.

"Sky, don't run off like that!" Andre soon joined us, completely out of breath, "You had me worried."

"I'm sorry!" I quickly hugged him, "I just saw Jade and couldn't hold back!"

Soon, our group of friends joined us, everyone chatting and catching up with each other.

So here's the details:

-Beck and Jade were still going on strong. Jade got signed as a musician while Beck got casted in an upcoming movie. They were doing fantastic and their married life was bliss. Bat was happy and healthy, too.

-Tori and her husband were getting along great, they already had a kid together and were planning on taking a trip to Disney for some family time.

-Cat and Robbie were expecting, Cat being three months pregnant with their first. They weren't married yet, but were engaged.

-Trina's dojo was doing fantastic for business, she was doing something she loved and even made it on a very popular blog.

As I was showing the girls pictures of Calliope, I immediately got a really bad gut feeling.

"Andre." I mumbled just loud enough for my husband to hear.

As if he had the same feeling as me, we stood close to each other, keeping an eye open for anything suspicious.

Our group immediately knew what was going on and copied our actions, making sure we were all safe from whatever threat we sensed.

Someone got on the mic above us, as we were in the Asphalt Cafe for the reunion.

"It's great to see you all again!" Sikowitz's voice boomed over the speakers, "I see a few of my students from back in the day!"

I took the opportunity to look up, seeing our teacher's smiling face as he talked.

"Now, this wasn't planned, but I feel as though one of our most successful students should come up here and perform for us. Skyla Harris! Come up here and perform!"

My stomach dropped, for the first time in my life, I had stage fright. Carefully, I pulled Andre with me, just to make sure I had somebody with me to keep me safe.

I smiled to Sikowitz and then looked down, smiling to all my classmates.

"Hello Hollywood Arts!"

Everyone cheered.

"It's great to be back! So let's get this reunion started!"

I turned to the band behind me and told them to play one of my songs from my album, the song being called, "Athena".

I didn't write it for my dog, in fact, I found the song to be inspiring and powerful, just like the goddess herself.

As I sang, I watched the audience closely, then I noticed a figure approaching from the shadows. Something shone from the many lights passing through the crowd and I stopped singing to alert everyone.

"SOMEONE'S GOT A GUN!" I yelled, causing everyone to run for cover.

Shots started firing, I ran to find Andre. I found him hiding with our friends behind a wall.

"Who the hell would bring a gun to a reunion?!" Robbie whispered so the shooter couldn't hear us.

"Someone who wants revenge." Jade answered, peeking around the wall.