chapter eighteen

After Loki had successfully sneaked back into his room, which didn't seem to be so necessary for him, you were heading down to kitchen for lunch.
Loki didn't take it seriously enough when you had convinced him that all this hiding would be the best option by far. He does know though, that your father was the biggest problem and he knew what would happen if Tony finds out. So maybe that mischievous god will soon finally understand to not to be so mischievous for awhile.

At least you really hoped he would, or then you would had to regret that mindless whim of yours after all.

You walked down the stairs and you had to grab Morgan immediately into your arms as she ran to you.
"They're fighting again." she snarled in your arms as you looked pass her and saw your parents having an aggressive conversation.
"About what?" you asked as you watched them fighting all over again. It was very frustrating since they almost constantly disagreed with each other about everything.

"I'm not sure, but they did mention something about Loki." Morgan replied and you weren't surprised at all.
Then you gave her a light kiss on her forehead and let her down from your arms.

"I can't believe you actually did that Pepper! Don't you have any protective instincts at all?" Tony grumbled at your mother as you walked over to them to hear what they were arguing about.
"There were no other rooms as I told you!" she grumbled back.
"You literally can't let that wayward god live on the same floor as Y/N!" Tony replied.
And now you knew what had made them so angry, your father had finally found out where Loki's new room lied.

"There were no other places to put him! How many times do I have to tell you that?!" Pepper grumbled and rolled her eyes at your awfully stubborn father.
"He could've lived with Thor instead! It would be a lot better!" Tony growled and then his eyes suddenly attached on you as he noticed that you were standing right next to them.
"Can you guys knock it off already? Morgan is literally right next to you." you murmured and pointed at your little sister who looked a bit scared of your parent's actions.

Both your parents gave a look at her and then Tony sighed heavily.
"I'm pretty sure that you're aware who lives now on the same floor with you?" Tony tried to restrain his headless behaving. You nodded in reply, waiting for the awful nitpick he usually starts in this kind of situations.
"Tony, don't even start with her. It's not Y/N fault that the only last room was on the same floor with her." your mother defended you from your father.

"And it's perfectly alright, he hadn't done anything, dad, and he will not. I can defend myself and anyway, this tower happens to be full of avengers.
You know, those guys who are guarding the earth." you interrupted your father before he could start yelling again and scare Morgan even more.
"Yeah I am aware who they are thanks." Tony grumbled and then poured a glass of whiskey for himself.
"But he's dangerous. Seems like neither of you don't remember what he had done." he added and sipped his drink down at once.

"You need to give him another chance like every other had in the team." Pepper replied dryly. It seemed like she had given Loki another chance which wasn't that surprising. She was Pepper after all.

"Another chance? Me?!" Tony started to lose it again. You looked at Morgan who was very uncomfortable at the moment and you didn't want her to experience your parents fighting all over again, so you walked over to her and grabbed her in your arms.
"Alright, let's find the others shall we?" you told her and walked away, leaving your parents to continue with their arguing and not taking your part of it. Gladly they didn't realize your leaving at all.

*

"There you are!" Clint greeted you after you had appeared in the training room with Morgan. There were also Nat, Steve and Sam, training and lifting some weights. As soon as Steve noticed you two too, Morgan jumped out of your arms and rushed over to her godfather.
"Came to train after a very long time?" Nat smirked and walked over to you and Clint.
"Something like that yeah." you shrugged and Clint handed you immediately pair of daggers.

"Hey, Y/N was it?" Sam greeted you as he walked over to you too and you nodded in reply. "Happened to see my niece? She wasn't in our room last night." he continued.
"Oh, she did mention something about going out with her friends. I haven't seen her ever since." you replied firmly and being glad that she had left. The rest of the team seemed not to know, but she was the most horrible person in the world.
"Alright thanks, I guess I should call her then. I hope she's alright." Sam replied and walked further after he had dug a phone out of his pocket.

"Okay let's see if you still got your skills little sister." Clint teased you and led you and Nat on the training area.
"Well it's been awhile, but I think I can handle you." you teased back and flipped your daggers.
"Had that prison made you a little sassy?" Clint laughed and got into his fighting position while Nat walked further on her spot to be your referee.
"Watch your mouth brother." you grumbled a bit as you got into your position as well. You had noticed that you didn't even enjoy to think about that time Hydra had held you as their prisoner. Being Loki's prisoner hadn't been that pleasant experience either, but Hydra had been a lot worse, a lot.

*

"Well, you're maybe just a little bit rusty, but not that badly." Clint admitted as you were walking into kitchen with starving stomachs. You were all sweating after challenging each others until you all were lying on the floor, almost dying. Although Morgan did have a lot of fun watching you fighting with each other.
"I take that as a compliment." you laughed and sat down with your sister and Steve.

"Looks like our Asgardians are back, how was the trip?" Nat asked after she had noticed first that Thor and Loki were chatting in the kitchen.
"It went great thanks, father was very impressed how well my brother had behaved." Thor replied proudly and slapped Loki's back couple of times.
"Sounds good, or what do you think Stark?" Steve replied and turned at your father as he walked in, looking exhausted as hell. And he only looked like that when he had fought with your mother and she had won.
"Great.." he grumbled and you tried hard not to smile.

"Where's our food?!" Clint interrupted then as he was looking inside the fridge.
"Thor ate it all." Loki replied dryly and it earned a glare from your father. Even when Loki talked, it clearly annoyed him. Only more when he knew that Loki was now living in the same floor as you.

"We can just order pizzas." Nat said after she had rushed over Clint to stop him from attacking Thor.
"Good idea, Laura said she was coming back soon and she might as well like to eat some." Sam replied and others agreed as well. You did too after you had done your usual eyerol after hearing that awful bitche's name.

"Yay pizza!" Morgan exclaimed and jumped up from her chair.
You gave a glance at Loki who looked amused by your little sister's reaction. And you really enjoyed seeing that look on his face, it shows that there was still something innocent inside him after all the things that trickster god had done.