Chapter Five

~Sabrina~

Day Three:

I opened my eyes slowly, but quickly shut them when I was blinded by the sunlight. I groaned and rolled over. Granny's strange aloe gel had worked, making my sunburn disappear within a day, so I was back to tanning. I heard Daphne and Red splashing in the water. Pinnchio and Puck were back at the house, doing Lord knows what. We'd only been on the beach for twenty minutes, but knowing Puck, Pinnochio was already dead. Or at least tied up in a closet.

"Sabrina," Daphne yelled. "Get in the water!"

"It's warm!" Red chimed in.

"I need, like, ten minutes!" I said, flipping over, so my stomach and back would evenly tan.

I took a long sip of my water. It was hot, but the weather was perfect today. There wasn't a cloud in sight, and the sun was overhead, shining down on the beach. I looked back at the water and saw Red standing alone.

"Red?" I asked, getting up. "Where's Daphne?"

Red squinted at three boys standing next to a small girl wearing a bathing suit, about twenty-five feet away. She pointed and I looked closer. Sure enough, there was my sister. The boys she was talking to looked like they were at least my age. I rolled my eyes.

"Daph! Come here." I yelled, hoping she would obey.

She turned around, looked me up and down and then went back to talking to her little group. All of a sudden I felt hands on my shoulders. I whipped around, to see who it was.

"Oh, hey Puck." I said, going back to staring at Daphne.

"Who are they?" The boy asked.

"I was wondering the same thing." I crossed my arms.

"Daph," He yelled. "Come here."

I hoped she would listen to him. She spun around.

"Come here." He yelled again.

Daphne smiled and waved to the boys, before walking back to our group.

"Daphne..." I said, when she arrived. "Who was that?"

"Just some friends." She shrugged.

Puck shot me a look.

"How old are your 'friends'?" Pinocchio asked.

Daphne rolled her eyes.

"Does it matter?"

Puck, Pinocchio, Red and I all looked at one another.

"Yes!"

"Well, if you must know, they're going into tenth grade." She rolled her eyes for the hundredth time. "And they said I'm very mature."

"Mature?" I asked. "Daphne, you still sleep with stuffed animals."

"Hey," Puck said, pretending to be mad. "You can never be too old for stuffed animals."

I laughed, remembering the unicorn, that he called Kraken the Deceiver.

"Well, how'd you meet these boys?" Pinocchio continued, wasting no time.

"Why do you guys wanna know so bad?" Daphne shook her head.

"Did no one teach you about stranger danger?" Puck interjected.

"Yeah, Daph, strangers can be dangerous." Red agreed.

"Puck, didn't you try to push us into a pool the first time you met me and Sabrina?" Daphne asked, hand on her hip.