Special #1 - The day they first met

A/N. A short chapter on how they met. Enjoy!

.
.
.
.

A young timid little boy, head down with a frown on his face swing his feet aimlessly as he sat alone under the tree. Not far from him, children laughed and play together happily and contented with their foreplay of house and family, others playing at the swings in the playground.

Sung Jin-woo watched in envy as the other children happily converse with each other. He felt out of place and wished that time could run faster.

A small feet stop in front of him, he slowly raise his head and found a young little girl staring at him with a smile on her face.

"Hey, why are you alone? Come join me!" The little girl said as he shake his head frantically.

"N-No t-thanks" He stuttered as the little girl grabbed him by the hand and dragged him towards the crowd of children playing.

It didn't take long and he was welcomed and smiling as he and the little girl played together.

"What are you making?" The little girl ask.

"A f-flower crown" Jin-woo said as he shyly put it on her head.

"F-For you"

The little girl smiled brightly as she admire the flower crown on her head. She turned to him and beamed brightly.

"Thanks! What's your name?" She said with a smile on her face. Jin-woo blushed in embarrassment.

"It's Sung Jin-woo" He said.

"Hello, Jin-woo! My name is Han Jieun, it's nice to meet you!" The little girl brightly greeted.

That day he went home happy than ever that even his mother brightly smiled and was delighted to see him happy.

"As of today, Little Jieun will not attend the school anymore because of a personal reason."

The very next day, Jin-woo felt his world shatter. Jieun had left the school due to her parents changing work location. Since that day, he was alone once more and he always stare off day dreaming about the day Jieun approached him.

...

The day came, he needed to earn more money for his mother's hospital bills. He sighed disappointed that this day is not going well for him. People have been whispering about him, calling him the weakest but nonetheless he learned to ignore it.

"Oh, we have a newcomer?" One of the old guys said, Jin-woo turned his head to look and his eyes widened.

"Hello, I'm Han Jieun! I'm new here!"

Jin-woo felt his world stop once more as the same little girl he met during his childhood stood in front of him. The girl's eyes met him and her eyes widened.

"Jin-woo?" She asked as Jin-woo felt his heart racing while she slowly walks towards him.

'She remembered me!' He thought.

"Jin-woo!" She exclaimed and run towards him into a big crushed hug.

He didn't quite expect to see her here or to even believe that she was also an F-class hunter like him.

...

Time was running out and only his candle left, everyone had left him. He sat there in the middle of the altar, his other leg missing.

"Jin-woo!"

He stared wide eyed at Jieun running back inside towards him.

"Don't come back! Run away! Save yourself!" Jin-woo shouted, he didn't want her to stay with him, he knew he would die here.