36th Chapter: TRAPPED

Start from the beginning

"Ge, why don't you just go talk to him..? You look like a crazy person.."

Mei whispered, avoiding for Yubin and her mother to hear a word. Zhan gaped at the girl who is staring at him in a teasing manner, and gulped in embarrassment, feeling his ears turn hot. He frowned and pretended that he doesn't know what the other is talking about, but, Mei wasn't having it.

"What are you talking about, Mei..?"

"Don't even dare, Zhan Ge. You're bluffing game won't work on me.."

She can tell that Zhan still has affection left for Yibo, if not, he wouldn't be acting so restless. She forgave Zhan, she realised after the incident that everyone was right, that it wasn't his fault his brother died, that he chose to do that because he had a reason, he had a purpose, and it's up to Yibo and Zhan now to figure it out. The case wasn't about the transplant anymore, or why he didn't tell Yibo right away, rather, it was about what they felt for each other. She is certain that it is real, it should be, and she knows why very well, it's just that, both were still in the process of healing, but, they didn't let time treat the wound first and instead, plunged into a pool of mud thinking that it was the right thing to do. Nonetheless, the outcome wasn't what they were expecting, but, all of it was supposed to happen to teach them both a lesson, and Mei is hoping that this time around, they will do what is right and not waste her brother's gift to them.

Trust their hearts, remember, is what they must do.

"Stop, Mei. Not even funny.."

"No, you stop, Mr. Xiao Zhan. Stop pretending.."

Zhan pressed his lips and hissed, trying not to let out a smile, but, it was impossible. He felt suspicious about Mei's utterances, however, her cuteness made Zhan forget about his worries for a second. He squeezed her chubby cheeks which made her flinch and both giggled in a whispery manner. Then, Zhan again glanced at Yibo secretly but was unfortunately caught by the other. Yibo was also looking at him, and out of shock, Zhan removed his eyes away immediately. His heart was raising, ten times than it should be and he couldn't help but hate himself for it. In his thoughts, maybe he is pretending, but, he understands too what feeling he has for Chen. He loves him and he is sure that he does. However, Yibo's existence is making him partly, doubtful.

Keiko called out for everybody, which Yibo turned for a second but instantly looked away again.

"Okay, first of all, I want to thank all of you for coming to celebrate Yuan's birthday with us, especially Haikuan and Yibo.."

Keiko shifted his eyes to Haikuan and Haikuan and Cheng to Yibo, who whirled his eyes in a different direction when his name was called. It was awkward, he felt irritated when silence occupied the area when Keiko mentioned his name and how people would look at him as if he is a disease or something, including Zhan.

"Yibo.."

Haikuan called, but, the other refused to obey. Haikuan returned to look at Keiko whose face shows dismay and shrugged at her with a forced smile. She understood and went on.

"Anyway, my husband and I would like to make an announcement.."

Everyone was attentive, but not Yibo. He wanted to leave but his brother warned him no to until the party is over. He told Yibo beforehand that Yuta's mom wanted to talk to him about something and let his anger towards them slide just for today. Even Jackson told him to show respect to Yuta's mother, which he doesn't know how to. After not seeing them for so long, adjusting would be hard, one reason was that he felt like an outcast.