Broken Bro-Code

eon Jung Kook

"I had a crush on her

"I had a crush on her...."

A strong punch flew in out of nowhere and landed on his cheek, leaving reddish-brown mark on his pale skin. The drunk idol through his droopy, heavy eyelids, got a blurred glimpse of his furious friend, who might want to kill him at this moment. Eunwoo and Mingyu, his othet two brothers were having a hard time to stop angry Jaehyun to pounce on him, once again. Jeon Jung Kook broke into a smirk, he knew he shouldn't have said that. He didn't lie though, he really had a crush on her. But Jeon Jung Kook wasn't interested in dating, it was bothersome for him. So he didn't ever make a move but his friend Jaehyun did. And he got her. How Jungkook felt about it?

Well.... bittersweet. As much as it pained him that she was with an another guy, he was relieved that she was with a nice guy. Jeong Jae Hyun is probably one of the nicest person in this industry, he is talented, handsome, well mannered, everything that a girl asks for. They looked great together.

Despite of his own feelings, Jungkook admired them as a couple. But... alcohol often fishes out the well kept secret from the heart. And it happened. He understood his friend's abhorrence though. No loving boyfriend would ever want a guy like him to utter his girlfriend's name. And here he was declaring that he had feelings for Park Chae Young. If Eunwoo and Mingyu weren't here, Jaehyun would beat him to a pulp for sure.

Jungkook, grabbed his spinning head, he was loosing conciousness. Then he heard the familiar, sweet voice...

"What happened?"

She was worried.

"Nothing babe...let's go"

He was still angry.

Jungkook's heavy head was fallen on the table and half opened eyes were looking at the front. He saw Jaehyun was almost dragging Chaeyoung out of the scene, while the girl kept on looking behind at him curiously.

"She is with a good guy..."

Jungkook chuckled in satisfaction, before passing out.

___________

"Jungkook... are you listening to me??"

Frustrated Eunwoo screamed on the other side of the phone. Jungkook licked his lips, he understood that for his one reckless confession the friendship dynamics changed. Honestly, since then Jungkook had been avoiding Jaehyun like a ghost and his friend too showed no efforts to sort out the matter. Jungkook waited for him to talk about it, he was ready to receive more punches if it could solve the issue. But he chickened out to take any initiative. Their crazy busy schedule didn't help either.

"See.... you can't walk on the egg shells around him, forever. You know that right?"

"Mmmmmm....."

Jungkook wasn't confident.

"Jungkooookkkkk...."

"He won't come Eunwoo-ah"

"He will"

"I have a schedule, I am not sure..."

"Let's meet in Itaewon, close to your place"

"Ahhh.... okay"

Jungkook rested in head on his folded knees for a moment to calm himself down. He shouldn't act like a coward, when Eunwoo and Mingyu are putting efforts. He didn't want to ruin this friendship, he won't be the reason of it. He decided to go and talk to Jaehyun and make it clear that he would never come within a meter around Park Chae Young.... NEVER.

*******

The story is inspired by Jungkook's cover of 2u. I know its a cover, still the emotion he put into that song, always shakes my heart. Hope, you enjoy.