35th Chapter: WEARINESS

Start from the beginning

Yibo went straight to the living room and threw himself on the long sofa, feeling so exhausted. He doesn't have an appetite, still in surprise by what's going on, and not to mention his cheek that still stings. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to relax and what to do next, when a cling disturbed it. When he opened his eyes, he saw Jackson sitting on the small couch in front of him, arms crossed, leg on top of the other and a bottle of beer on the table.

"Good to see you, Yibo.."

He then gestured with his head for the other to pick up the bottle, which he knows will cool Yibo down. The other gave a slight smile as a thank you and reached for it directly. He swallowed one after the other, not minding its bitter taste and enjoying the warmth that it brings into his system. He needed it. That's how he recharges.

He drank half of it, he cooled a bit, but his expression remained the same. And, Jackson who was watching him, can only wane his eyes out of curiousness.

"So what's going on, Yibo..? How have you been..?"

Yibo put down the bottle and slouched back and his gaze on the ceiling. Jackson waited patiently as he knows that he can't mandate the guy, especially when he's upset.

Then, he finally decided to speak up.

"Have you ever loved someone so much, who you thought that you lost forever, prayed so hard for him to come back to you, then all of a sudden he did, but then, you just realized and hoped that he could've just stayed dead..?"

Jackson was perplexed, he couldn't believe his ears. He stood up and sat beside Yibo with eagerness apparent in his face. If he had heard him right, it means that Zhan is alive. From what Yibo had told him before, the man died, and he almost fainted when he learned about it.

"Zhan is alive..? How..? I thought.."

Yibo veered his eyes on the inquiring man. No energy, nothing. Just emptiness.

"No, he's alive.."

"How..?"

"Well, he didn't die. That's how.."

"And..?"

Jackson augmented, hoping for something good to come out from the news. Yibo took his eyes away again and return to look at the ceiling, debating whether to say in words the actions Zhan had exhibited towards him.

"Yibo, and..?"

"And, he despises me. What would you expect? He hates me. Of course, he would, right..? Everybody hates me. 'Cause, everything is my fault, correct..?"

Jackson heaved a dissatisfied sigh. His heart aches for Yibo, the man he loved once, took care of and is still willing to do so. He reached for his hand and softly squeezed it which made the other slowly turn his head. Then like a child, he slowly pulled Yibo to rest on his chest, as he did when he was around. The situation back then made them closer, and even if Yibo doesn't say anything, he feels safe around Jackson. For him, he had become like a brother. Someone, he can lean on. Someone he believes won't leave him, ever. Not a person that could replace Zhan, but somebody he can call his haven.

"Yibo, I'm right here, aren't I? I don't hate you. And, I will tell you again, not everything is your fault. You were hurt and still hurting and they don't have the slightest idea what you have to go through as payment for the wrong things they think you did, I do. Please stop punishing yourself already. You've done enough, they've done enough, hmm..? Just, let it go.."

"I wish I could've just died that day.."

"Don't even go there.."

Jackson then pushed Yibo gently, grabbed his arms and examined it thoroughly. Yibo understood and lets Jackson do as he, please.