Story Two: Pipe Piper for Rapunzel

Start from the beginning

Great for them I slurred as I made my way past their lively table. Several of them were jumping and hooting on the table tops, others were just simply smashing and flinging their empty glass at whatever they aimed at.  

I'm not sure what possessed me to come to a pub, but I was becoming a bit starving and there's nowhere for miles from here...I'm sure. So that's my logical excuse for being in this pig pen.  

As I made my way through this maze of woozy males, I was all of a sudden clutched firmly on the arm. I swung my free arm around to my pocket, but found nothing but air in it. The notion of the humming stranger struck my head, and I thought up a curse for him. Why the hell did I just give it to him?! I shook my head. I felt downrightstupid.  

"Hiya there sweetheart," went the obnoxious voice of a drunk knight. His long sword hanging by his side. He pulled my closer, until I was literally sitting on his knee. "Do you need a hand with anything? Perhaps making sure you get to bed safely." My face retorted in disgust.  

"Let me go now!" I exclaimed, through gritted teeth. I shoved myself away from him, and bolted for the door. My arm was again wrenched and I fell to the hard, stained floor. Laughter rang out through the room. I clambered to my bruised legs.  

"Come here pretty girl!" mocked a man, tugging on my hair.  

"Aww look she's scared!" rang out another. I was surrounded, trapped and cheesed off. They were closing in, tightening the gap in between. In one last desperate attempt I threw myself at a man, trying to knock him out of the way. Unfortunately I misjudged his strength, and was slammed into a nearby wall.  

"Would you mind letting her go," rang a familiar voice sitting casually at a table. That bizarre hat covering his face. "If you don't, you will all regret it." 

"Regret what mister?" asked the knight, plodding over to the pipe stranger. "What are you gonna do about it? Are you going to dance for us?"  

"And play your little flute!" hooted another man. They all squinted and snorted at him. That devilish smirk rubbed onto his face. 

"So be it," he said calmly, moving the pipe up to his lips.He took a deep breath and blew a note on his silver pipe that spoke to the men of far off places. He blew another note that spoke to all themen of Hamelin. He blew a third note and all of the men in bar started to scurry towardshim.  

He skipped out of the bar, and the drunken men blindly followed. The piper was leading them to the slaughter, as if they were lambs...drunk, obnoxious lambs. Close by was a cliff and that was where he was heading. He made his way across watching as the boozed males followed. As they all made their way onto the log bridge, he shuffled his feet underneath, moving multiple stones. And before you knew it, the log descended into the gorge below, and so did the men.  

Except for the knight, who was still on the other side. The piper stopped playing and grasped an overhanging tree branch. He made his way back across by climbing the tree, almost like an oversized chimp. He snuck quietly behind the knight, and with a swift movement seized his hair and yanked it back. Sending the knight screeching to his knees.  

I stood there watching to my absolute delight, as the piper brought my knife out of his coloured pants, and tore it across the knight's throat. He gurgled and blood seeped out through his mouth, eyes, and ears, until he froze and became another lifeless corpse to add to the gorge. The piper rolled his body and decapitated head over, and he watched with enjoyment as he splattered down.  

"And it's a Pipe, not a flute," he murmured to the dead.  

He slowly swerved his body to face mine. I gazed at him. He smiled and bowed his head. He had just saved me, even though I threatened to kill him.