Story Two: Pipe Piper for Rapunzel

Mulai dari awal

I wriggled the board out, and reached my arm in gripping the sleek container. Opening it, I went through the articles. There were some about protests, plagues, and even my favourite, the recent disappearance of many children. I wish I was one of them. Any where's better than here. A saddening sigh escaped my rosy lips.  

Suddenly a harmonious sound broke out through the isolated range. I clambered towards the window, throwing my head out frame. A tall man, wearing colourful clothes,was walking calmly through the shrubbery, humming to himself.He also wore a hat covered with feathers and shells and bones. It was quite a ridiculous outfit;yet he really caught my eye.  

I looped my dark hair round a beam, and lowered myself to the ground. Iscampered across the grass to get a closer look. My feet prickling with joy, at each touch of the soft, smooth grass blades.  

I halted behind a Willow tree. He had stopped too. He stood there so still, almost as if he was just a misplaced lawn statue. He started to turn my way. I plastered myself to the tree to stay out of his sight.WhenI swerved my head back round to see...He was gone. I arched my eyebrow. How could he just disappear so fast?  

"Is there something I can help you with?" came a calm voice from behind. I jumped up the tree, gripping on a branch above the ground. "Did I scare you?" I looked sheepishly at him.  

"Um...you could say that," I said with embarrassment, still tightly hanging on the branch. "And I wasn't following you...I was just in the neighbourhood." He raised his eyebrow at me. 

"The neighbourhood? This place is meant to be...well remote." He replied suspiciously. My arms started to tremble, and then there was a snap. The branch had broke and I was falling back to the forest floor. I braced myself for the impact, squeezing my eyes shut. My skin made contact with something, and I warily opened my eyes to find myself in the arms of the melodic stranger.  

His eyes were hazel, and underneath his feathered hat was the same. My body felt numb. He carefully dropped me back to my feet.  

"So what exactly were you doing?" he questioned. I hesitated and clutched something in my dressespouch.  

"I was just simply seeing what that wonderful sound was," I answered shakily.  

"Is that a compliment?" he said smugly. I gazed at him, and then began to slowly bring it out.  

"Depends," I replied. 

"On what exactly?" he asked curiously.  

"You" I responded, revealing my serrated knife. Pointing the blade at him. A smirk spread across his face. "What's so funny, I'm threating you with a knife?"  

"I can just as easily stop you," he chuckled, dangling a silver pipe which hung from a long scarf in front of me. He had me, not only at a disadvantage, but at a loss. I had no idea what he could do. "Now if you don't mind, could you hand over the blade?" I stared at him then back at my knife. I sighed and threw it at his feet.  

"Thanks," he replied sarcastically, wrenching it out of the earth and into his coloured pants. "Do you live out here? No offence but no one lives out here...You need a haircut too"  

"Well I quite like my hair, so good bye...bye." I replied hastily, thendarting through the forest.Paranoia driving me away from my tower and the pipe stranger. I need to go somewhere safe. I need to hide. I was growing crazier, the sound of him humming pounding through my unstable mind. Who was he?

...

"Drinks on me boys!" bellowed a slightly intoxicated male, waving his bearded, and dirt crusted arms in the air. The other men hooted and cheered. They were all going to drink more whisky.