"why, thank you" alana rolled her eyes and ethan grinned.

"hey, olivia. why don't you ride shotgun? alana can sit next to kaya on the backseat so they can gossip" he suggested.

olivia looked at alana, unsure of what to say. alana got out of the seat and smiled at olivia, making sure olivia knew alana didn't mind it.

"yeah, sure" olivia finally said.

the ride on the way to the beach house was surprisingly quiet, the only noise being the playlist that was playing. kaya looked through the window almost the entire time, avoiding any eye contact with alana so she wouldn't make questions about kaya kissing maeve.

"hey kaya, can you reach for the water bottle next to you?" ethan nicely asked.

"sure" she said, handing him the bottle.

she noticed ethan had one of his hands intertwined with olivia's and suddenly felt like crying. kaya closed her eyes and placed her head on alana's shoulder, falling asleep.

"we're here" kaya heard someone whisper to her. it was alana, trying to wake her up "by the way, you snored" alana laughed.

kaya got out of the car and locked eyes with olivia, who looked the other way as soon as she noticed the girl was staring at her. "what's up with her today?" kaya thought.

₊˚.༄

they all got inside the house, quickly changing into their swimsuits and making their way to the beach.

olivia walked alongside ethan, who kept making jokes she would laugh at. kaya ignored how happy she was and how good they actually looked together.

"i was thinking we could sleep here and go straight to school tomorrow. i mean, we brought a lot of extra clothes" ethan suggested and they all agreed.

"hey, so... last night, huh?" alana turned to kaya and said.

"what about it?" kaya asked, knowing where alana was trying to get.

"maeve... you... kisssing" alana whispered like it was a big secret.

"can we not?" kaya sighed

"yeah, sure. my bad. it's just not like you to kiss random girls like that but no judgement, you do you"

kaya just smiled, not saying anything back. when they arrived at the beach, alana and ethan went to get coconut water for the four of them, leaving kaya and olivia by themselves.

"hey" kaya said.

"hi" olivia replied but there was no warmth in her voice. kaya was tired of overthinking. she knew she had to ask about the party.

"do you remember anything about the party?" kaya finally asked.

"no" was all olivia said.

kaya found it suspicious that olivia was always so talkative and suddenly she turned into this cold and distant person after the party.

ethan and alana came back with three coconuts.

"wait, didn't you forget to buy one more?" kaya asked, confused.

"i thought olivia and i could share one" ethan nervously replied, not knowing what olivia was going to say.

"how romantic" kaya joked.

all of them laughed at what she said, except for olivia. she kissed ethan on the cheek and took a sip of the coconut water.

₊˚.༄

after a long afternoon spent next to the sea, they all took showers and changed into clean clothes. kaya got out of the bathroom to find her friends in the living room. for some reason, maeve was there.

"hi" she smiled when noticed kaya was there. she got up and hugged her.

"um, hi?" kaya hugged her back, but was confused to what maeve was doing there.

"i live nearby and ethan invited me to join you all so here i am"

"who's the stalker this time, huh?" kaya laughed and sat next to her friends.

they ordered some pizza and decided to watch a movie together. alana was the first to go to sleep, she had a test the next day and couldn't go to bed as late as the others. the rest of the group stayed in the living room to watch the entire movie.

ethan and olivia were cuddling, meanwhile kaya and maeve were sitting next to each other.

"i still can't forget about the party" maeve whispered in kaya's ear.

kaya smiled at maeve. she also couldn't forget about the party but for different reasons. not because of her kiss with maeve but because of olivia's words.

kaya said goodnight to everyone and went straight to the bedroom. she changed into pajamas, brushed her teeth and when she was about to lie in bed, she heard someone knocking at the door.

"maeve, if it's you i'm really tired—" she opened the door and stopped talking when she noticed olivia was the one standing there.

"not maeve, sorry to disappoint" kaya didn't say anything so olivia continued "can i sleep here? my bed isn't comfortable at all"

"why don't you sleep with ethan?" kaya replied with an angry tone.

"woah, chill. he was already asleep, didn't want to bother."

"don't tell me to chill, olivia. you ignored me and didn't look at me today and now you want to share a bed with me?"

"i'm sorry. i really am" olivia said, reaching for kaya's hand.

kaya smiled at olivia, she couldn't be mad at her for so long.

"big spoon or little spoon?" kaya asked.

"w-what? we're not cuddling" olivia stuttered.

"relax, liv. i'm just joking. is cuddling with me that bad of an idea?" kaya laughed, trying to break the awkwardness.

they both lied down, turning to different sides so they wouldn't face each other. kaya took a deep breath, trying to ignore how close olivia was.

"i remember everything about the party" olivia said so quietly, you could barely hear her. she waited for kaya's response but it was too late, kaya had already fallen asleep. olivia closed her eyes, shedding tears. she was tired of pretending.

₊˚.༄
author's note
thought you all deserved some content
so here it is <3